Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Science Day, Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Posted by gumby_ct CT it says Z5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 16:06

Plant Science Day, Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In the hopes of reaching more people I cross posted this...

IF you live in or near CT and have not been to Plant Science Day you don't know what you are missing.

Lockwood Farm is located in Hamden not far from the Sleeping Giant State Park and New Haven yet it feels like you are lost in the country.

You can see both SGSP and the farm but probably not both all in the same day. Great fun with the kids too.

CT Agriculture Experiment Station claims to be the oldest Ag Station in the country having been founded in 1875.

I was not able to copy/paste the history info

More here -
History of CAES

The addy for your GPS or Google Maps is
LOCKWOOD FARM
890 Evergreen Avenue, Hamden, CT 06518

Or check it out in Google earth. Be sure to look for Sleeping Giant State Park while you are there or goto sgpa.org

Plant Science Day details & events are linked below.

I forgot to mention Plant Science Day is FREE!!

RAIN OR SHINE!

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Science Day, Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Science Day, Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Linked below is a pic of a tomato hornworm someone brought to the event. I thought it was rather large and we could watch as it chewed the leaf down. That is a dime & a quarter in the pic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato Hornworm pic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here