Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
here we go again

Posted by junktruck kansas city (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 16:30

with the entire state of Mo. declared a natural disaster and 82 counties in Ks. so far a natural disaster and the next 7 day forecast all 100+ and no rain in sight / its becoming a full time job just watering tomato plants / there looking good but dang its killin my water bill / oh well I"ll just sit in the a/c and eat tomatoes / heheheheh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: here we go again

Glad your tomatoes are making it, with a lot of your hard work. Enjoy them, and stay cool.
Is there anything better than a grown-in-your-own-garden tomato? I think I will Edit Ben Franklin, Beer and Tomatoes are proof god loves us and wants us to be happy.
Sorry I got sidetracked. Hang in there!

o

If there is a silver lining to this drought... maybe it will make us reconsider turning decent food (corn), scarce water and great fuel (gasoline) into low quality fuel (ethanol).

o

Amen, barnhardt9999.

o

was woke up at 3 am this morning by thunder / but still no rain / NEW RULE !!! if it thunders its gotta rain !!!!

o

• Posted by robeb Kansas City area (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 17:28

I too heard that thunder and saw the lightning this morning.
I looked out at my plants and saw a hole in my shadecloth causing it to slip down from its stake and hit the plants. I figured that I'd better repair it before the rain came in.

Here I am at 3:00 am on a ladder repairing a hole with lightning flashing all around me. Got it fixed and headed back inside thinking to myself "bring that rain, and bring it hard". Of course it only sprinkled for about 3 minutes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here