Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help what is wrong with my tomato leaves

Posted by Mrainey1234 none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 17:22

Please help as you can see my tomatoes are growing, however all the leaves are curled. Sprayed for disease, water regularly, live in zone 9 . Can't figure out why my leaves are curled. What have I done wrong

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help what is wrong with my tomato leaves

I never had any luck with growing in containers. One of the container experts on here will advise you but I do know that they need fertilized more often than plants in the ground because of the drainage.

o

Hope you get an answer. One of mine is doing the same thing, the rest are fine. (have 12) They are all in the ground.

o

I'm having the same issue with mine, it is also not producing a lot of fruits, maybe it has a weak root system??

o

Your plants look ok. The color is good. Sometimes the leaves curl due to stress of some sort, but it's not a serious problem, and doesn't affect production. Is it hot on that deck? How much soil is in the container? Container size? What kind of mix is it?

o

It looks like you have a few inches between the top of the pot and the top of the mix. You haven't told us what variety/ies you're growing, so we can't recommend how large a pot they'd like (and I am not an expert in that sort of thing anyway), but I'd just like to point out that if the experts say you need a larger pot, you do have room to add more mix at the top (tomatoes will happily grow additional roots higher up on the stem).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here