Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cherokee Green Grape

Posted by aftermidnight Z7b V. Island B.C. (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 17:26

Had our first taste of this one today, not only is it a very pretty cherry tomato, limey yellow with green shoulders, the flavor was oh so good, just the right amount of sweetness for me and a nice tomato flavor. With the exception of 'Celebrity' the other 17 varieties I'm growing this year are all heirlooms. Not sure but I think the next one ready for a taste test will be 'Black Sea Man'. Others I'm growing for the first time are 'Cherokee Green', 'Box Car Willie' and 'Black Mountain Pink'. Of course I'm growing my all time favorite 'Cherokee Purple' :).

Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cherokee Green Grape

Just noting that Cherokee Green Grape was bred by Mark Korney, so not an heirloom and Box Car Willie as well as Mule Team, Pasture, Red Barn and Great Divide were bred by Joe Bratka's father and are not heirlooms.

But for me taste comes first rather than deciding if this or that variety is an heirloom, and that works for me but some others are much more strict about it. LOL

And the last issue I never want to see is a thread about how to decide the definition of an heirloom. Fact is there are many definitions and not just one accepted one. So when I see threads about that I just go read a good book and nibble on some great chocolate and watch some tennis on TV if it's on.LOL

Last so called fact. There are many many threads here at GW already on that topic and a search will bring them up for anyone interested, so we don't have to go through what Yogi Berra once said, which was.....it's deja vue all over again.LOL

Carolyn, is it vu or vue, my French is somewhat lacking. ( smile)

o
RE: Cherokee Green Grape

Correction, not all 17 varieties I'm growing are heirlooms I should have said some of these are heirlooms :). Sometimes my fingers type faster than my mind works.
This gettin' old ain't for sissies. I'm into growing a lot of heirloom beans not all but most so I have 'heirloom on the brain', is that a disease by any chance LOL.

Annette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here