Ugliest Tomato Contest

cleo88
14 years ago

Let's see 'em, people!

Comments (23)

• the_sun
    14 years ago

{{gwi:1368869}}

A Black Krim that weighed over one pound. Diseased with severe catfacing - August '08.
    (Unseen in the photo: A large portion of stem was encased within the fruit, as well as silt and cottonwood tree seeds.)

...And yes, yes... We did eat most of it, however some parts were unusable. Of course, only I knew of the tomato's hideous past...
    ;o)

• catman529
    14 years ago

{{gwi:1368871}}

You can see this one at my web site here.

I might have another one come in this year (hopefully).

• missingtheobvious
    14 years ago

These are faces that only parents could love.

• bouquet_kansas
    14 years ago

the sun...........that definately is the ugliest tomato that i have ever seen!.......good thread cleo.....

carol

• cleo88
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I especially like how the Black Krim picture was REALLY BIG - it sort of scared me!

:o

• spaghetina
    14 years ago

Catman, I think your tomato is actually really, really cute. If I squint hard enough, it looks kind of like Winnie the Pooh. (What? No. I'm not crazy. :shifty eyes:)

• adzo
    14 years ago

That's weird. I can see the Winnie the Pooh face now that you mention it. And I quit smokin pot years ago.

• catman529
    14 years ago

Well it was the ugliest one I got last year. lol

This year I will cut pieces out of a very young fruit, so it grows up to be scarred and ugly. ;)

• spaghetina
    14 years ago

Tomato torture - nooooooooo!

Lol.

• jerseygardengirl
    14 years ago

Whoa nelly that first tomato is U G L Y. It looks like something that was once in space.

• the_sun
    14 years ago

* Posted by jerseygardengirl 7 NJ (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 10, 09 at 18:03

Whoa nelly that first tomato is U G L Y. It looks like something that was once in space.

Hahahaha! As I saw it developing on the plant, I was glad it was at the bottom concealed by leaves, so no one could see it.

• cfed
    14 years ago

This pink Brandywine has still got some growing to do (planted out late May) but I have a feeling it'll be a contender...

• spaghetina
    14 years ago

I love all of these "uglies" so much. Cfed's reminds me of a little old lady without her dentures in, eating something sour.

My imagination can be a little out of control sometimes...

• mockapple
    14 years ago

Wow, the_sun. That looks like something from Dr. Frankenstein's lab.

• the_sun
    14 years ago

LOL Frankenmato!

• cfed
    14 years ago

Well, I just picked my ugmato. One side of it decided to ripen while the other side is still on the fence. Here it is in all its "glory":

• geeboss
    14 years ago

George

• cleo88
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SMILE!

• sprtsguy76
    14 years ago

I know this is not the ugliest tomato but would ya look at the schnoz on this one!

• raisemybeds
    14 years ago

Why does this thread get me thinking about the Elephant Man?

• the_sun
    14 years ago

oof! I'm glad other people finally posted their ugmatoes. Hopefully by next year, this will be the ugliest tomato thread ever.

• jessicavanderhoff
    14 years ago

the sun, that is a spectacularly vile tomato. My congratulations.

Catman, that's quite ugly too! But the colors are really pretty-- what kind of tomato is it?

• instar8
    14 years ago

Are we allowed to add googly eyes? Or maybe cross-bones...

To be honest, i'm not sure of the variety, i'd guess Pineapple...didn't think about the contest til long after it was mixed in with everyone else.