Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highlands06

Tomato Spots! Help!

highlands06
10 years ago

I have these spots all along the bottom of my tomato plants and its getting worse. Does anyone know the cause and any solutions? Thank you!!!

Comments (4)

• drewbym
    10 years ago

blight. Remove and dispose of them ASAP and consider spraying with a fungicide.

• drewbym
    10 years ago

Let me clarify--remove and dispose of the branches that have spots, not the plants. :)

• plantgrrl
    10 years ago

I've got these too. It took a little looking around , but I found, on mine, it's Septoria Leaf Blight. I've cut and bagged any affected looking leaves (don't compost them!). The good news is, if it's Septoria, it shouldn't affect your fruits, just leaves, and your plant may be able to out grow it.

It's from all the damp weather. Try to increase air circulation around the plants. Leaves that remain wet are very susceptable to blights and fungi. Removing the infected leaves will be a two-fer.

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Agree with Drew, : Remove and destroy all affected and lower leave near the ground AND put some kind of mulch around the plants. THis should provide air circulation and help prevent soil/wetness born diseases.

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living