Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexiegurl09

Is this Late Blight?

lexiegurl09
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone can calm my fears that this may be late blight. I'm leaning toward that it is not, but I want to be sure. These pictures are from my Black Cherry tomato plant. It is the only plant that I got these leaves off of today, but I have removed leaves/stems with leaves that had leaves looking like this off both this plant and the plant beside it within the past week or two. I know late blight is a FAST moving disease so that is what is calming my fears some. Late blight has been confirmed in my state about 50-60 miles away (roughly). If it is not late blight, what else could it be? Needed info:

-I water about every other day-every 2 days as we have been hot here and these plants are in cinder block raised beds so they dry out pretty quick

-We have been having daytime temps in the 90' and nighttime temps in the upper 70's with high humidity 24/7

-The were last fed with fish/seaweed about 2-3 weeks and fed prior to that a couple times with miracle gro.

-They are in a mix of topsoil, leaf compost, and turkey compost (with lots of bark, which I am not happy about)

- Plant has many green tomatoes but no ripe ones yet, it has been in ground since May 6th

- I have Daconil but have not used it yet and have been lucky to not have any bad disease problems with these plants YET

-I know I have flea beetles and some kind of worm (tomato pinworm I believe)

thank you for any and all help!!

Comments (2)