Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato mold / rot help

Posted by andromedadew 50312 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 19:10

What is this and how do I prevent it? So far it's the only one but it's also the first on that plant to ripen. Leaves are fine no signs of any problems. Lots of flowers and tomatoes. First year vegetable garden converted from a strawberry garden, which was lousy with grubs / June bugs. When I first cleaned up the garden the soul was rich and dark, tons of worms. But then little ghost flies were present for a Few days (before I planted tomatoes). My cauliflower neighboring this plant did get cabbage loopers also. Haven't added anything to my soil.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato mold / rot help

Not exactly sure, but looks like advanced sun scald or blossom end rot. Check the rest of the tomatoes and make sure they are ok, and remove any that are bad. BER will clear up over time. Hopefully you're done with the bad ones.

o
RE: Tomato mold / rot help

Right now it is a fungal mold growth. It is possibly grey Mold. If so, the entire plant would be affected, stems , leaves...
I would destroy every fruit fruit like that and spray the plant with fungicide.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here