Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littleduck26

Please help my tomato!

Niquole Abram
9 years ago

Hi! So I had to go up to Oregon for a family funeral and was not able to water tomatoes for a week or so, I gave them a good watering before hand but of course the weather shifted and it got a bit to hot for the soil to stay damp to moist.

When I came back the soil was almost completely dry and while the tomatoes are still alive there were several dead/dying leaves and stalks I had to pinch off. The tomato in the image is my patio container tomato and seems to be suffering the most, what can I do for it?

I gave them all (there's 4 in the container) a deep watering and got my hands in the soil to make sure that the water got all the soil and didn't leave dry packed spots. In the container there is also a mixture of goat & rabbit poo I got from a farmer so it should be good on fertilizer. The tomatoes I am growing are roma, brandywine, (also really struggling, not yellowing just fairly bare stalks) celebrity, & the patio container.

Thanks in advance! I can include pictures of the other tomatos so you can see how they are doing too once I figure it out :-)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Terra Landscape and Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
North Fairfax County's Dedicated Landscape Contractors | Best of Houzz