Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomatopaloza

Posted by Nunyabiz1 none (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 19:40

Wife and I just came back from Tomatopaloza today, tasted many tomatoes.

Our favorites were.

Cossack Pineapple (not really a tomato but ground cherry)

Mexico Midget, tiny little tomato with tons of flavor, almost sweet

and Cherokee Green

Here are a few Pics.

Cossack Pineapple

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomatopaloza

I'm glad to see that the sun was shining b/c there was a chance of strong storms.

Craig LeHoullier is my best tomato friend, and more, and we've known each other for about 23 years now and Craig and Lee have hosted Tomatopalooza for many years now and it has always been a success with great attendance.

I know it was held at Efland and I looked in the picture to see if another one of my friends was there b'c he lives in Efland. Shoe Griffen is his name and he along with two others do most of my seed production for me now that I can't, and Craig raises all my plants for me and ships them up there.

I asked both Lee and Craig, I forgot to e-mail Shoe, to make sure that none of the fruits from my new varieties were out there so folks could get seeds and Lee said not to worry b'c they keep an eye on varieties such as those as well as the fruits from the Dwarf Project that haven't yet been released/

It takes a tremendous amount of work to set up the tables like that with the signs and cut fruits and labelled plates and I do hope that folks appreciate that/

It sounds like you had a good time and I'm glad for that.

Carolyn

o
RE: Tomatopaloza

I can´t help but drool over the pictures LOL
so many to try...
How does one goes around about finding local gatherings of similar origin?
We have local small group of tomato peeps and I really would love to get to know more Chicagoland growing tomatoers and tomatoettes and either join or help organize something similar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here