Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chaospandemic

Tomato Leaf Blackening with Upward Curl

chaospandemic
11 years ago

Hi everyone, this is my first year growing vegetables and i have completed much research and had a lot of success, however i am having an issue with 3 (maybe 4) of my tomato plants' leaves.

They are all roughly 3.5 feet tall and have been very healthy until a couple days ago. I have them growing in a greenhouse in 3 gallon pots with half MG potting soil and half natural Salinas Valley soil.

Here's the issue, i walked into the greenhouse and all the leaves were wilted and soft and just barely showing the blackening on the edges of the leaves. I figured no problem, water the hell out of them and they will perk back up no problem. I went back the next day and they were perked back up, however the young leaves were curled up and more black than before. What is left of the green on the leaves firmed back up, but the areas that have blackened are just as soft as before. This leaf blackening has not appeared yet on any of the more mature leaves.

Any help would be appreciated, below (if i did it right), should be 4 pictures of the state of these plants.

Comments (3)