Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
legend88ls

Tomato leaves curling/lightening

legend88ls
10 years ago

Hello,

I have several tomato plants in containers which have been doing quite well until recently. I think my problem is either the high temps (90's with high dew points), watering or nutrition (that narrows it down!) but I hope the experts here can lend a hand and perhaps offer a plausible cause.

I have watermelon beefsteak, org delicious and fireworks, all which are relatively large varieties, as well as a few smaller ones. The problem is the leaves seem to be curling and are getting a bit light in color. They are not withering just yet, but certainly not looking as healthy. I trim the lower leaves off, use a drip irrigation system and leave it running for 15-30 min daily. The water is quite cold. Otherwise, I may use a watering can to coat the topsoil keeping it moist. All the pots have drain holes, they contain potting mix and compost. I mixed in a bit of osmocote on the top layer and about a week ago supplied all plants with some fish emulsion. See attached photos for details. The 2 pics on the right show a lighter shade than the left. Hope someone can determine the issue here. thanks a bunch

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor