Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My 1st Giant Belgium Tomato

Posted by northernmn 3/4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 20:54

This is the 1st year that I have grown Giant Belgium, and this is the 1st tomato that I have picked. I is a perfect shape for BLTs.

It is juicy without being sloppy, and is very sweet. A good tomato flavor, but I wouldn't say great. I wish it was just slightly more acidic. It's a tomato that I will grow again just for BLTs. One tomato slice more than covers a slice of bread.

photo 7-30-14Bigtomato002_zps826a205a.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My 1st Giant Belgium Tomato

On top of the BLT. It overlaps. Sorry about the bad focus.

photo 001_zps3490a269.jpg

o

Here ya go, I got out the windex and cleaned up the screen!

Giant Belgium has always been one of my fav tomatoes, and usually one of the largest and most productive.

But Alas, Laurel was sposed to grow one and send me the plant this year, but I got an email from them that the plant did not survive.
The "Kicker" is , I saw a Giant Belgium plant at Orchard Supply but I passed on it as I thought Laurel was sending one~~~so none this year.

I like the taste, but I have a "very diversified palate" when it comes to tomatoes.
I like the Giant Green, which I think most folks would say has a lot of acid, but at the same time I like Cuostralee and Kellogg's Breakfast, ~~~which to me, has little acid.

Probably, except for the Green Giant, I got the most tomatoes, as well as the largest, from my Giant Belgium tomato plant.

Gary

o

It has been one of our personal favs for many years. But yes, just like most of the pink varieties, it falls more toward the sweet side of taste.

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here