Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Giant stink bug on my tomato

Posted by zackey GA 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 5, 13 at 21:24

I had Grandpa stink bug on my Roma tomato today. I never knew they got so big! I tried twice to get it, to no avail. The darn thing is poking holes in my tomatoes or eating tiny bites out of them. Is there any way to get them beside hand picking? I don't use any store bought products for insects.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Giant stink bug on my tomato

Try doubling over some duct tape or masking tape on the end of a stick. If you can touch the stink bug with it it will stick to it and you can just throw it away inside a piece of newspaper or whatever. Tape works pretty good sticking to them.

This post was edited by Tomatovator1 on Fri, Jul 5, 13 at 21:55

o

Yes! I love it! Thanks so much! I will be out there with my duct tape stick asap!

o

Slick idea, tomatovator...thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here