Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato Leaf Curl

Posted by Hbkdgen 6b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 22:31

I recently planted four tomato plants I purchased at a local nursery in my garden. As of yesterday, I have noticed some upper leaf curl on one of the cherry tomato plants I purchased, and am not sure what is causing the curling. I've read the cause of the curling could be from the recent planting (2-4 days ago) or due to the excessive 90+ degree heat I've been experiencing in my area for a few days now. The plants receive ample sunlight each day, along with being watered twice a day. Please advise if you may have any idea or can reaffirm that the leaf curl is caused by the exceptional heat or the transplant. Picture is attached below, thank you in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cherry Tomato

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato Leaf Curl

Everything I've read about leaf curl (I've had some, too), indicates that: a) there are a large number of possible causes, and b) it is pretty impossible to ever pinpoint what the exact cause is.

Sudden changes in temperature, watering (lack or excess of water) and soil conditions (such as transplanting) seem to be the most commonly cited causes. You seem to be combating at least two of these.

If the plant is healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Especially since there's not much you can do about either circumstance, unfortunately.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here