Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenang7

Amish Paste Tomato Problems

gardenang7
11 years ago

We have an Amish paste tomato plant, and we can not get it to produce tomatoes. The plant is already about 5 feet tall. Every time they produce flowers they just fall off and or dry up. We planted in February, and transplanted outside in April. We planted our Roma tomatoes the same time it has produced tomatoes already. I know that Amish paste tomatos are an heirloom variety while Roma are not. Does anyone have any suggestions? I live in region 9. I live in Houston, TX. When the first set of flowers started to grow on the plant a couple of months ago the temperature was in the 80s. It's usually always humid here. The flowers die or fall off but more always grow back but then do the same. The last week of June was very hot (in the 100s) to the point were all my plants were wilting. This past week it has rained every single day to were it I know it has been way too much rain for my Roma tomatoes because they are starting to crack. The weather will probably go back to the 100's soon after this rain stops.

Comment (1)