Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dancinglemons

Limmony tomato (aka Lemmony)

dancinglemons
10 years ago

Hello all,

Growing this Limmony yellow tomato first time this season (2013) and so far I'm loving it. We grow almost exclusively in large containers (18-20 gal) and EarthBox (EarthTainer also). This Limmony has surprised us with plant vigor, production and taste. The plants are in 20 gallon 1/2 barrels and the vine has been so strong that we did not stake them until they were just under 5 feet tall. As the tomato count increased we did tie the plants because of the weight of the tomatoes. All of our other tomato plants require staking at 2 feet. The tomatoes do not crack -- which is great this year as it has rained almost every other day. There has been NO blossom end rot on this Limmony. The taste is nice - a bit tart but not pronounced or sour. I call it a balanced taste.

Great for salads and sandwiches as it does not weep all over the place even when ripe-ripe. I picked some completely green and put on the counter in our den -- they took about 3 weeks to turn completely yellow and not one spoiled. I will be putting some of these Limmony in paper for storage in late October.

Some of you may know that I was a huge devotee of Dr. Wyche Yellow --well-- maybe I will grow Dr. Wyche again in a few years but now my new favorite yellow is Limmony.

Cheers,
DL

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus