Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greenhouse tomato recommendations needed

Posted by kiropod 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 4, 11 at 7:55

I'm thinking ahead to the coming winter and would like some recommendations on which tomato varieties would be best for hobby greenhouses? I live in Southern NJ. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greenhouse tomato recommendations needed

go to a UK veg gardening forum. the Brits are big on growing tomatoes in a green house though the taste is not worth it.

o
RE: Greenhouse tomato recommendations needed

I asked that question a while back some where else. Didn't get very far with it. One person advised me to look to the Canadian seed stores cause they carried the GH varieties....good advice, but if I wanted that kind, I would just buy in the super market. I think any might be worth a try. But I am thinking about any of the shorter ones? I just started seed for four:-- new big dwarf, Russian red, matina (or stupice),and rutgers. Why them? because I had the seed left over. Bush beefsteak is an interesting one that I am watching in my bed. Any one that has been there please speak up.
I hope for fresh tomatoes for the holidays.
KennyP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here