Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Discuss your experience growing Ferris Wheel

Posted by dickiefickle 5B DousmanWi. (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 8:03

Please discuss your recent experience growing this Old time tomato favorite .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Discuss your experience growing Ferris Wheel

OK, I'm trying to put on my thinking cap b'c methinks Iknow you with a different user name, perhaps, b'c the same variety was just brought up elsewhere a couple of days ago and I did speak to it.

When I remember I can fetch that thread and post it here.

The statistical probablility of two different folks bringing up the same rather unknown variety within a couple of days is low, but is possible, that's for sure.

Carolyn, and maybe there are some here who have grown it and can contribute.

o

I am the same one.
This time I left reference to seeds .
I also asked about this one in '09 .

o

I am the same one.
This time I left reference to seeds .
I also asked about this one in '09 .

Right. I just checked it out and matched up the location.

I'm still hoping that someone besides me has grown Ferris Wheel, which is a variety that Craig got out of the USDA many years ago when he and I were doing that and it was OK to do it, but not now, for several reasons.

Below I did link to Tania's page for it where there are several reports and also noted several seed sources, ahem, and I'm pretty sure it was Craig who sent it to Adam Gleckler so if you don't have seeds that might be a good place to go.

Hope that helps.

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Ferris Wheel ( Tania's site)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here