Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Validation!

Posted by Coconut_Head 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 8:25

I guess my tomatoes are pretty good. Even though I haven't been able to put very many out this year I am growing a pretty loyal following in my little neck of the woods. I had a lady stop yesterday when my wife was home and she told my wife that she prefers my tomatoes to any she has had at our local farmers market!

For those new to the forums, a watering tip I picked up from the GW archives is to cease watering once you start getting breakers. And if you absolutely must water after that, make sure you pick anything with a hint of color off the plants before you water. Then water once good and deep and then stop again for as long as you can.

We have gotten two good rain events in the past 4-5 weeks here and that is all the water my plants have received.

Just thought I'd share my success and bring an old tip out from the archives.

CH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Validation!

• Posted by bets z6A S ID (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 12:15

CH,

That's a great tip! It also help prevent splitting if you pick before watering.

Betsy

o
RE: Validation!

Thanks! am going to collect and water today and hopefully there will be no rain till next Sat as I am having tomato taste party. We will see!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here