Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
black tipped flowers

Posted by new_b_gardener 8a (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 9:56

I have a question. What would cause the tips of the style to become black? The area near the near the stigma is black and I was wondering could this be fungal in nature or could it be a deficiency of some sort? The plant itself. My cherry tomatoes are ok. Sorry it's kind of blurry hard to see the screen in the bright light.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: black tipped flowers

I see the one blossom you refer to.

Without doing some research online the only thing I can think of offhand is that the blossom has not been self pollenized and is about to fall off where the pedicle is. Another possible reason is too much rain causing rotting of the stigma atop the style.

Do either of those make sense to you as in how many other blossoms are showing the same symptoms and have you had lots of rainy weather lately?

Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here