Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato Woes - Plant and leaves turning brown (pics)

Posted by skadosh 7 - NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 10:21

Hi,

My tomato plants have some sort of disease. The leaves (generally from the bottom up,) are turning yellow then brown. The plant themselves becoming more woody - they snap easier etc...
Can anyone help with identifying / treating this disease?

From Untitled Album

From Untitled Album

From Untitled Album

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato Woes - Plant and leaves turning brown (pics)

My best guess is Early Blight, a fungus (I, too, have that problem on one of my plants). Just google and look at images.

o

That would be my guess also. Keep the infected leaves cut off the plant to minimize the spread. You can treat it with a fungicide to slow it down even more. If you are watering from above, stop it.

o

here is a website that might be of help:

you can also click on the sites 'stem' 'fruit' 'or 'roots' for their problem/symptoms

Here is a link that might be useful: tomato leaf problem solver

o

All of the websites that discuss early blight say that the leaves will have circles or spots. My leaves just seem to be turning yellow then brown, without any spots or circles. Do you still think it could be blight ?

o

I'm going by the spot on the leaf in the first picture just right of center and the leaf on top just left of center in the last picture. You may also have a deficiency or herbicide problem. Has anyone there sprayed roundup lately?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here