o
Best Cluster Tomato

Posted by manykids 3 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 11:12

I'm looking for the best cluster tomato, big or small. Thanks, Bev

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Cluster Tomato

Of OP heirloom ones Bulgarian Triumph, no question, just superb as to taste and production.

Of the seed sources listed via the link below I'd suggest Tania, who sells seeds for about 600 varieties, Jeff Casey or I think Sandhill as well although I didn't check. Not all the updating for seed sources was done for 2011 but you can check out Sandhill via Google if you wish and they also sell seeds for about 400 tomato varieties and many other crops as well. But note when when Sandhill accepts orders and HOW they accept orders.

Hope that helps.

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Bulgarian Triumph

o

Agree with the Bulgarian but I also like Kimberly and Elfin - depending on the size fruit you want.

Dave

o

Ildi is wonderful. Prettiest tomato plant you will ever see, and makes so many blossoms its hard to see the plant. There are reports of one plant making 650 tomatoes.

o

Yes, Ildi is wonderful, but just as with Riesentraube it's a multi-flora type with those huge number of blossoms on a single stalk, but not a cluster type, which means not a cherry, but trusses with larger fruits about 2 inch in diameter just as you'd buy from the store that are called something like on the vine types.

Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here