Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Super Sweet 100 - Meh

Posted by Coconut_Head 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 11:59

So I have 3 plants of sungold and 3 of super sweet 100. While the sungold's are living up to thier reputation. The super sweet 100's have produced about 25% of the ripe fruit to this point of the sun golds and they are quite a bit less flavorful. I think My sun gold companion next year will be that chocolate cherry or whatever it's called that I hear a lot of rave reviews about.

In other news. Please meet the newest Tomato grower in my family. My first Son David!

Photobucket

CH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Super Sweet 100 - Meh

What a great photo! You can see from his smile that he is already dreaming about his first garden and holding his first garden tools in his hands. :)

Thanks for sharing as it made my day. Congrats to your family.

Dave

o

AAwwwww..........how sweet!! Congratulations!

o

Thanks! Easily the best thing I have "grown" and he isn't even fully ripened yet!

CH

o

So delicious. Better than any tomato that's for sure! God bless!

And, my SSW 100s are also so so this year. Not impressed. My Sungolds are amazing and my black cherry toms are fantastic.

Go eat the munchkin!
Sharon

o

• Posted by jolj 7b/8a-S.C.,USA (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 20:50

Love the pic.
I had 3 sweet 100 this year & some dried on the vine, because I could not keep them picked, did not prune vines..
I gave many away & some of the people have never grown a tomato plant(No, Really,never).
They said that "The little red one where very sweet".
Maybe we have different soil?
Photobucket

o

Super sweet 100s did very well for me this year, and last year also.

Here is a link that might be useful: DFW Gardener

o

Thank you for posting the pic of David. Of all the endeavors I have undertaken, having and raising children is easily the hardest and most rewarding. A new baby is a blessing to behold!

Mel

o

Meh ?

o

Meh is the sound you make when you were expecting to be impressed but you weren't. It's not a bad tomato, it's not a spitter, but it's not on the same level as the sungolds, and I thought it would at least be close.

CH

o

CH, I keep checking my SSW and a few are really good, the others so so, and there are still a lot to ripen, but it just looks weak!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here