Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Misouri Pink Love Apple

Posted by labradors z5 ONT (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 12:16

Since this was brought up on another thread, I'd love to know more about this variety.

Does it taste good?

DTM?

Enquiring minds need to know (G)

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Misouri Pink Love Apple

Literally tons of info available on it via Google (including pics). Previous discussions here too.

78 day, mid-season, pink beefsteak, potato leaf, heirloom.

A personal favorite here for years.

Dave

o

Linda, you saw in Gary's thread that I said I hadn't grown it, but Gary's interest in it is not what you might think.

So first thing I do is to go to Tania's page for it and see what others have said about it, that link is at the very bottom,

Please note in the history for it the names Jennings and Barnes.

It's about a late midseason varietry as you can see from Tania' spage but that can vary quite a bit.

As to taste, no one can really tel lsomeone else what the taste is like since taste is perceptual and personal,and depends on the season grown and man ymore variables.

Then I go to my SSE Yearbooks to see what others have to say abou tit and it's been grown by many and I saw not one negative comment. Most got their seeds from Baker Creek where they repeated the background, but few mentioned theJennings family as the source.

No reason not to try it and compare it in the same season with other large fruited pink ones.

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Missouri Pink Love Apple

o

Many thanks to Dave and Carolyn,

It certainly gets rave reviews for taste on Tania's site.

Guess I should give it a whirl next year!

Linda

o

It tolerated Septoria this year well, and steady producer for me. Last year was very hot, this year cooler, still ending up with nice batches of MOPLA. Will be growing next year again.

o

Good to know as we are battling Septoria this year. We also had a lot of heat in July.

Thanks,
Linda

o

Carolyn,

I think you may have mixed up my interest in one love apple. It is the Seek-No-Further Love Apple that is my special interest, not the Missouri Pink Love Apple.

Linda,

I think both will be available in the upcoming seed swap. ;)

Gary

o

Hi Gary,

That's great that the SNFLA will be included in the seed swap. I'm really looking forward to growing one or two next season!

Linda

o

Gary, but in looking for background info on your SNFLA, don't you remember the PM's you sent me at the other place re Missouri PInk Love Apple itself?

I remember. ( smile)

Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here