Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
compost_pete_grower

tomato sandwich

O.K. so my sw figured out how to post pictures on this forum. Now its my turn to continually amaze her how little i know, but can still remember to breath.!! I still mess this up - Tabs , Files, Blah, Blah, Blah Here goes.

O.K. thats a lot of letters and symbols.

Cool, now the fun part.

Cool, now the fun part.

I think I got it

Comments (10)

• geeboss
    14 years ago

So when can we come by for a taste testing? Yummmm

George

• ditnc
    14 years ago

What geeboss said...

What kind of tomatoes are those (CP?) Is that mozzarella cheese? Yum-o.

• noinwi
    14 years ago

Yes, we need to know what tomato that is. It's gorgeous! Oh, geez, I'm salivating! I have a Black Krim on the counter waiting to become a sandwich, but it will be a few days...gotta pull some bacon out of the freezer to go with it!

• tammysf
    14 years ago

Looks awesome. Just made a blt on san francisco sourdough with pepper bacon and some black krims and arugala. Awesome.

I want to try indian stripe next year which I think is similiar to cp

• compost_pete-grower
    Original Author
    14 years ago

All those toms are cherokee purple. The cheese is parmesan reggirio(sp?. the real hard parmesan). CP has always been a winner in my garden. I wish I could send everybody some but my friends and family get real helpful to pick this time of year. I still messed-up and somehow got an extra pic at the end and I don't know why the pics are so big!

• taz6122
    14 years ago

Your camera or scanner resolution setting is set too high. 1024x768 is full screen. You can change the picture size in 'paint' or at the hosting site. In paint use the stretch/skew option. If you would like to change the camera setting(if digital) change the picture quality setting.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    14 years ago

Looks great! I am starting to get hungrey...I need lunch.

A few days ago I did a grilled cheese and tomato sandwhich. It was fantastic! I put prevalone (sp? Why are cheeses so hard to spell??!) and CP. Your CP looks much darker and bigger than mine though.

Congrats on your first pic too. ;-)
    CMK

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Oh man....I am definitely having some tomato sandwiches for dinner soon!

Absolutely beautiful pictures!!:)

• gardener1908
    14 years ago

So jealous here, but happy for you! Still hoping some of my plants will give me a few tomatoes 750 plants, not one big ripe tomatoe, just cherries. I wait all year for a BLT and bagel w/ cream cheese, white onion, big slice of tomatoes. Oh I'm so disappointed. I think I'll use your picture as a screen saver and just drool!

• the_sun
    14 years ago

When I mentioned that I was glad you didn't post pictures of your sandwich on your previous thread, I wasn't griping or being sarcastic, I was jealous.

I have thousands of tomatoes that have little hope of ripening. Green and hard as golf balls.

Those giant brandywines wouldn't have produced a single tomato up here this year.