Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esbo_gw

can't reply to message

esbo
10 years ago

i want to post a reply and it will not let me, it says some thing like "you have chosen to open something.cgi" but it will not post

Comments (13)

• thebutcher
    10 years ago

I got the same message

• Bets
    10 years ago

Have you sent a report to GW? I have in the past and gotten a pretty quick response. They may not see your post.

One reason I am responding here, is because I got the same message, and I want to get a screen shot of it this time.

Betsy

• digdirt2
    10 years ago

Yeah the gremlins are back and admin has been notified. Your reply goes through and shows on the post. Meanwhile just click Cancel or No on the download screen that pops up.

Dave

• Bets
    10 years ago

It may be too soon to say for sure, but I just did a post and didn't get the message. The issue appears to be resolved.

Betsy

This post was edited by bets on Wed, Aug 7, 13 at 15:21

• esbo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

"bets" no I have not sent a report to GW chiefly because I do not know how to. Although I may have way a method buried in the small print.

Normally there is a support forum on forum sites, can't find one here.

• esbo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

"bets" no I have not sent a report to GW chiefly because I do not know how to. Although I may have way a method buried in the small print.

Normally there is a support forum on forum sites, can't find one here.

• digdirt2
    10 years ago

All you have to do is click on the Contact Us button in the dark gray box at the bottom of every page. Automatically opens a direct contact message box.

Dave

PS: it has been fixed now

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Has happened to me too just within the last couple of days.
    My messages did go through at the first stage(Reviw Your Message ) BUT when I tried to SUBMIT it, I got the pop up asking something like:
    -- do you want to Open, save, cancel ...
    OR
    -- which program you want to open this ..

Anyway, I just cancelled them.

• esbo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dave, yes I am normally used to there being some sort of support forum on forums so you can go there, with the issue, saves 100's of people reporting the same problem and generally is a good idea as you can go there to get your replies.

Also there is no quote facility here.

If there was a support forum improvements to the site could be suggested there.

The contact us is going to go to some general admin person when it need to to to a technical bod.

Other than that the forum works pretty well.

• esbo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ie the facility to upload a photo is great, saves a lot of trouble using a intermediary site. Although it might help if you can link to a pciture?

• digdirt2
    10 years ago

The contact us is going to go to some general admin person when it need to to to a technical bod.

No the Contact Us has provisions for you to route the contact info as needed - including technical. All in all it works quite well once one is familiar with it all but of course nothing is perfect. :)

As to "Support forums" there are several here: check out the list. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/

Dave

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Well, I have seen some improvements over the years, such as :

1- Edit Function: Help to go back, correct your typos, add, subtract etc.

2- Single Photo Upload from your PC. This is also very good. I am too lazy to go to another site back and forth. I WISH this feature were expanded to more than a Single photo, tho .

• Bets
    10 years ago

"Also there is no quote facility here."

Copy and paste still works. (grin) Stick a quotation mark at the beginning and end and Viola! you have a quote. Some people set the quote apart from their reply with a line of dashes, periods or asterisks. Others, like me, use some simple HTML coding to italicize, bold or color their quotes.

Forums that have the quote feature are the lazy persons way out and so often you have to wade through a long repeat of a post or posts because someone didn't edit out the non-relavant material to get to the meat of what someone was replying to.

Just my personal preference. But then I am an old coder (not codger) from the days when web pages were written with HTML tags in a text editor and viewed with a browser before uploading to the web.

Yeah, I did that, once upon a time....

Betsy