Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
djonesc

black spots on smaller varieties of tomatoes???

djonesc
11 years ago

i posted *before* (about two weeks ago) and didn't receive any replies, so i thought I'd do it again ...

most of my red pear tomatoes have these small black spots on them ... what are they (i checked online and there are so many choices that i figured i better come to the experts here) ... the leaves look ok, nothing on them, so what do i do? can these tomatoes be eaten by cutting the black spots off?

thanks for any and all help ..... darlene

Comments (2)

• carolyn137
    11 years ago

Darlene, your title says black spots on smaller varieties ( plural) of smaller tomatoes. What other smaller ones are you growing and what larger ones are you growing that have no spots?

I can think of some reasons for small black spots, but most tomato diseases are equal opportunity diseases and wouldn't distinguish between small and larger fruited varieties.

And off hand I can't think of but one disease that would cause small black spots that might be seedborne.

So the next question is, did you raise the plants with the spots from seed that was purchased commercially or get the seeds by trading? Or buy plants themselves from a nursery or similar?

Carolyn

• digdirt2
    11 years ago

Here is a link to your first post of this question from early in Aug. The reply was asking for more information. If you didn't get the reply then it was routed to your junk/spam email box by your email provider. Likely these replies will be too. It is always best to come back here and check your posts for replies.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Your first post of this same question

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio