Coyote
White Currant
Sweet Cherry
Black Russian
Roma
Yellow Pear
Unknown (bottom left)

Three different people came to the same top pick:

Persimmon (the larger orange one on the left). I'll be saving a bunch of those seeds for next year!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And the winner is...

It's certainly not yellow pear which, although cute in looks and a prolific producer, tastes no better than a store bought mass warehouse ripened tomato (bland and mushy). We have two of them this year which were mismarked by the local nursery supplier as Yellow Boy. Caveat emptor !

o

The variety Coyote was introduced by Craig LeHoullier, seeds from Mexico, and he thinks that he may have initially listed it in the SSE YEarbook as White Currant, so the two may be the same.

Carolyn

o

I wondered about the Coyote and White Currant, they are "almost" identical (or maybe they are identical). And I agree the yellow pear tomatoes were not very tasty even though they look pretty cool. They have a tendency to split on the thin neck too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here