Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pondgardener

latest harvest of Anna Margaret's Heart...

pondgardener
9 years ago

I picked these on Thursday from a number of plants I have growing of this variety. Carolyn has listed it in some of her offers elsewhere. My recently deceased aunt, who would have turned 100 years old last year had been growing this variety, first in Missouri and then later in Colorado. It was about the only tomato she would grow and she gave me seeds in 2008. Later after her death, her daughters found additional seeds that she had saved in 1999, and I got those to germinate as well this year. About half of the tomatoes pictured are from those two years, with the majority of the 2# ones from those as well. But there were other large ones from seed collected and distributed in 2013. Plant growth is pretty vigorous, as I have several over 6 foot tall, and depending on the weather, production is usually good. I set out transplants after the third week of May and started to get ripe ones about the second week of August. It is a meaty tomato, with a slightly sweet taste. I am presently making a big batch of salsa with these and when I get another picking I will do a cross-section and include those photos. Hope everyone else is having a good year with your garden.

George in Colorado

Comments (4)