Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sungold: leaves & fruit getting smaller

Posted by ffreidl ny (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 11 at 20:55

I have a Sungold growing in an 18gal container that seems to be... Petering out? It was doing great earlier in the season, I got some nice ripe fruit out of it. But now I'm noticing that the more recent fruit is ripening much smaller, and newer leaves are also smaller.

Is this typical? Should I expect continued growth and fruit or is this plant reaching the end of it's useful life?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sungold: leaves & fruit getting smaller

Weather related

o

Yeah? It's been hot and dry. Is that what you mean?

o

I'm growing Sungold this year for the first time, and in a big pot too. The fruit has a wonderful flavor. However, the plant has been very spindly and open: tall, but not alot of branches or leaves. Is this normal for this one? It has never quit producing fruit even in this awful heat wave.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 2, 11 at 13:11

I harvested daily for about 10 weeks. Now only a few tomatoes a couple times a week. Most are much smaller.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here