Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thebutcher_gw

Chief Ramapo Getting Ready

thebutcher
10 years ago

I could not resist to take this mater off, especially after I saw a squirrel eyeing it from inside my place and the mater was ready to hit the ground as well and turning color after the rains with his other friends in jeopardy. I even broke out my watch camera to see activity for a couple of hours after the squirrel siting.

In the photos some are Ramapos and 4th's but I was not gona let that varmit or others birds take it. "Chief Ramapo" was facing the front when I looked at my back door right after the rain today saying please get me indoors lol. It would of been a shame to see it drop and let them pests go to them :) As for the slang term in the title, Ramapo is a town in North Jersey and derived by the indians in the 17th or 18th century just in case anyone is wondering lol

I think "Chief Ramapo" is mater number 60 or something. And the red ones in the photo are the others ready to be eaten soon. I will show more slicing, and coloring ect on them as well.

I listed a video link of today of my humble garden.

- Mr Beno

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Video

Comments (9)

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Your "Humble " garden ?!?
    Give me a break Mr. Bino. If I had had that many maters harvested, this soon, I would be bragging all the way to bank. lol

And plse do show us your colorful salsa salad too.

This post was edited by seysonn on Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 5:43

• thebutcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

:D thanks Seysonn,

Some more photo updates to Brag, I put 32 Ramapos and 1 4th of July maters with a mixture of V8 and the other stuff for Gazpacho soup recipe.

The photo with the orangish mater was chief Ramapo as of Today lol but that will be a slicer or something and will not be soup material or anything else.The photos are just trying to show size.

The other photo is my cat "Beno" with another Ramapo.

-Mr Beno

• seysonn
    10 years ago

What are you cooking in that pot, Mr. Beno ?
    I hope it is something real hot and spicy.

Enjoy it whatever it is !

• thebutcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It wasn't that spicy, the hot peppes are still growing but added some of that red chilli asian sauce. Also last night was awesome. Here are the photos seysonn I brought the same containers up for my brother and his neighbor.

The shrimp were still live and tasted better then Lobster. Also the tomatoes in the backround are Ramapos. His growing enviornment is limited due to his trees and association policies, so the containers are mandatory to grow anythhing for his neighborhood which is why I bought those 20 gallon fabric bags to start with.

• joeorganictomatoes
    10 years ago

Great vid "Mr Beno. Loved seeing your garden. I have 16 different varieties growing all but 3 in containers. Liked your use of large plastic ones and the special use of the chairs! Also seeing the human touch in the video (your feet) was priceless. (LOL) Great pic of "kitty" too! I rescue them and have quite a few. Thanks for your posts!

• seysonn
    10 years ago

O' Man ! Have mercy. I am drooling.
    I bet those shrimps tasted better than lobsters. You certainly have a zest for how to enjoy life, Mr. Beno.

Enjoy !

• thebutcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks JoeOrganic and Thanks seysonn and now getting ready for lobster tonight :) $4.99 lb you can't beat it fromt the asian market and still live. I will take photos and ad them after so you can drool some more lol. In the meantime Chief Ramapo reached his stage and his lady chief in the photo, the other 2 tomatoes on the bottom were from a 4th of july plant. Both of these were grown in the dirt right next to each other. The 4ths especialy had the cracks and next to the 4th was the BK which only produced about 5 so far but still alive and green.

But overall the dirt caught up and produced bigger Ramapos but littler "4th's" and in the 20 Gal bags the "4th of july" produced bigger maters in much more abundance and but slightly smaller Ramapos in the same abundance, but all were both awesome tasting.

Next [post will be about my Kellogg Beefstakes which are starting to produce now.

- Mr Beno

This post was edited by thebutcher on Thu, Aug 22, 13 at 13:21

• thebutcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I could not resist. Mr. Beno was staring down the lobsters lol.

This post was edited by thebutcher on Thu, Aug 22, 13 at 19:13

• seysonn
    10 years ago

FORGET the tomatoes ! $4.99 /lb New England Lobster ?
    I used to live in Connecticut. Cheapest I could get them(from the guy who had traps) was about $5/lbs. That was more than 20 years ago. Some Hamburger meat around here cost about that much. Gee, I am moving back East.