Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AeroGardening?

Posted by taxtax none (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 2, 11 at 22:53

I don't mind trying out new things now and then to learn something new. I recently discovered this, and am deciding to give it a try, though by the reviews so far I'm not expecting much:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/GreenhousesIndoorGardening/AeroGarden/PRD~0430609P/AeroGarden%252BCherry%252BTomatoes%252BSeed%252BKit.jsp?locale=en#product_aa

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this product before, or has something obvious to say about it. I haven't planted tomatos in so many years I feel like a virgin again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AeroGardening?

The tomato seed kit is $20.00 Thats for a few seeds and planting mix.
Do you realize the AeroGarden grow pod (used to grow them in ) is another $150.00
Seems very costly for a few tiny toms.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aerogarden grow pod

o

Check out the Hydroponics forum here. The search pulls up lots of discussions about it there.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: AeroGarden discussions

o

Thanks guys, I'll check out those forums. I did realize last night after further reading the Pods do cost 200 and even more. I agree it seems to be an outright scam that simple seeds cost 20$, not to mention any other piece of plastic or paper accessory for this item seems to be charging downright criminal charges for it.

o

think about the person that lives in an apartment building in a major city with the addiction to growing and no land to do so. For this person it makes sense.

o

so does an earthbox and a grow light. for half the cost and more productive.

o

Terrybull - Have you grown winter toms inside in an EB? Thanks, LInda

o

I am just saying $200 is alot for what I am sure is not a whole lot of tomatoes .
You'd be better off buying canned toms,which I think taste much better than the junk from the produce dept.

o

The Aerogrow people raised their prices recently and really made a LOT of people angry. Their business model sucks. I do have a few AG3's but Don't waste your time on them. Use an Earthbox of similar unit and florescent shop lights.

o

If they raised prices I guess that means it's a good time to invest in their stock :P

I still can't figure out, how the HELL do they get off charging 20$ for just a pack of seeds? I can't figure that one out. So, to someone who has gone through this system, what am I missing? Are these special biotechnologically engineered seeds with gold plating or what?

And IIRC, you don't even get the seeds when buying the damn Pod for 230$, haha. Looks like they really know how to MILK this product for every dime.

o

Once again, I like the way tax talks.

Take care,
Travis

and also, dont forget to understand exactly what you put on the tree. Dont believe the florist when she tells you that the roses are free.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here