Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to make tomato plants sturdier

Posted by aec2003 none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 23:03

I planted tomato plants in May and they became huge, sturdy plants until we had a lot of hail and it flattened several plants and caused hail damage. I threw out the tomatoes that were ruined and tried to stake the tomato plants with bamboo stakes from Walmart. About a month later, I bought a few wire stakes to try and also tried wrapping yarn around the plant and attaching it to something to try and hold the plant up. The plants are somewhat standing up but only with the help of being tied to a fence. Is there anything else I could try that is inexpensive? I've been trying to water them more so that they can be healthy again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to make tomato plants sturdier

Stakes,cages. or tie 'em off to something

o
RE: How to make tomato plants sturdier

My tomatoes trellis:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here