Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 23:57

So proud, tomatoes planted week after Fathers Day

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Blush-2014 SE Texas

5,4,3,2,1 ! BLT !

o

Curious as to why planted so late in your location? What variety? It is well past first blush.

Dave

o

I have been battling cancer for over two years. I have won as I am now cancer free. I went and visited my parents in South Texas. My father has always had a garden and he inspired me. When I returned home, I did a quick internet search and decided to start my container garden. I bought three plants from BBS and seeds. I planted seeds directly in the buckets. The three transplants that I got were Solar Fire and Florida 91. The seedlings are Honey Delight, Patio Pincess, SW 100, and Better Bush. I also planted eggplant, radishes, and carrots. Using buckets I was able to garden for less money. I am already planning/expanding my 2015 garden.

o

Looks great, congratulations on both accounts!!!!!!

o

Going on the 4-year mark here, so congratulations from one survivor to another! Gardening was what kept me going through all the "stuff" and its aftermath, so good for you!!!! Although I guarantee you will never look at a store-bought tomato the same after tasting your own home-grown :)
Edie

o

Thanks to all.

Everything takes on a new meaning. God Bless

o

• Posted by LKZZ 7b (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 18:57

Beautiful...enjoy Dear One.

o

So how was the BLT? : )

o

• Posted by digdirt 6b-7a North AR (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 21:46

That is a great way to celebrate life! :)

Dave

o

I agree! Gardening is good for the soul! All the best, you are an inspiration!
Sharon

o

Well done , Scott.
You have (I think ) a long season to enjoy the fruits of your plants up until the frost (If there is one).

sey

o

Thanks.All

There are years hear in SE Texas where we will not get frost until January. Wouldn't that be sweet to have garden fresh tomatoes at Christmas.

I have a shipment of seeds coming any day. I am going to plant some herbs now and hold my tomatoes back until spring.

I really enjoy reading about every ones tomatoes. Almost everything that I knew about gardening does not apply when using containers.

o

There are years hear in SE Texas where we will not get frost until January.
%%%%%%%%%
Scott, you are well planned and planted for the second round as they do in South Texas. I am sure and hope that the extreme heat will be over soon and your plants will enjoy perfect weather well into late fall..

o

Deebie

The tomato is still o the vine.

As a result of my cancer, I have difficulty in swallowing. It has just been in the last month that I have been able to eat really soft and smooth foods. I have getting all of my nourishment by a feeding tube and Ensure. It sure is nice to eat beans, applesuace, pudding,,mashed potatoes, cheese soup, and others. Every new bite for me is a new taste experience and is exciting. Two years ago, I weighed over 349 lbs. I got down to 180 lbs a couple of weeks ago. But God has other plans and I have been able to gain 9 lbs this past week. It is amazing how fast your body forgets how to swallow, and how fast it can come back. I am truly blessed to be able to write this today and tell others, I am cancer free and You can be too. I have great doctors at MD Anderson. Twelve rounds of Chemo and 12 weeks of radiation and we beat the cancer. The recovery has been slow but gardening has truly helped' My goal is to pluck a cherry tomato off the plant, plop it in my mouth, bite down, and experience that tomato explosion in my mouth.

I still get upset at myself at time but a little "time out" in the garden definately helps.

Please keep posting about your tomatoes,becuse I am so anxious to learn more. I did plant some herbs for my winter garden.

o

You will absolutely be eating that tomato. I simply will not accept less.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here