Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daniel_ny

Why we can not upload more than one picture in a post ?

daniel_nyc
9 years ago

Can somebody do something about it ?

Comments (15)

• digdirt2
    9 years ago

Easy. Just as always, use one of the many free image hosting sites. Or if you want to use image file upload just keep previewing the message and adding additional files before submitting.

Dave

{{gwi:47333}}

• hilnaric
    9 years ago

If you want to upload photos directly from your computer, that's just how it is. If you want to put mulitple pics in each post, then open a free account someplace like photobucket and put your pics there and link to them in your post.

AFAIK, they would have to make major changes to the software to do otherwise, and it's not that long ago that you couldn't directly post any pics (other than through photobucket or whatever) at all.

EDIT Oops, Dave beat me to it. I've never had much luck with the keep previewing technique, though. I usually lose the first one each time I change to another.

This post was edited by conchitaFL on Mon, Sep 15, 14 at 10:09

• Mike
    9 years ago

I have to agree with you Daniel.. The image uploading leaves plennnnnty to be desired.. I have used many other forums with much friendlier image handling.. It stinks to have to open and manage a separate account (photobucket etc) simply to post more than one pic at a time.. Also, the preview feature doesn't even work.. All my pictures preview correctly and then half of them will post sideways or upside-down lol . .

I'll have to try your preview trick Dave, thanks for that!

• seysonn
    9 years ago

I'll have to try your preview trick Dave, thanks for that!

%%%%%%%%%%

I have tried doing that trick. But won't work. Always/Only the last picture you linked from you PC will be displayed.

Photo Bucket is good. But it just require some additional work.

• daniel_nyc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

There is NO trick: the first 3 pictures were posted using PhotoBucket - links to ~ - only THE LAST was uploaded from computer.

Currently you can upload ONLY ONE picture from your computer.

• grubby_AZ Tucson Z9
    9 years ago

Yep, the preview and add trick is totally fake. Those four pics are:
    h**p://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa13/digdirt/2008 Garden/july31harvest.jpg
    h**p://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa13/digdirt/2008 Garden/redlighteningtomatoes.jpg
    h**p://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa13/digdirt/2008 Garden/GiantPinkBelgiumPlant2007-1.jpg
    /f*rums/tomato/msg0909510111153.0910060529740.jpg

BTW, if you have questions about the source of pictures, right click on the page and, if you get a menu item that says in effect "view page source", try it.

• daniel_nyc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

When you upload multiple pictures in a post, which site do you use / like: Photobucket or ImageShack ?

• digdirt2
    9 years ago

I never said there was some "trick" and yes it is quite obvious to anyone where my pictures came from so if you mis-read that, sorry.

You want to use the image upload then it is one pic at a time. My point was to check the preview before submitting as half the time the image you think you loaded - didn't.

Even that is only a recent tool and it isn't going to change anytime soon if ever. But most of us who have been here for years are happy to have. Other people are never happy no matter what you do.

Dave

When you upload multiple pictures in a post, which site do you use / like: Photobucket or ImageShack ?

Pull up the previous posts on this question. As I recall PB gets consistently good reviews, image shack does not. But there are many out there to choose from.

• violetwest
    9 years ago

I tried to use my photobucket for pictures here on GW, and it crashed my account. Exceeding the limit of looks or something. No good.

• daniel_nyc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

But there are many out there to choose from.

That's good to know that there are... many. Can you list some ?

This post was edited by Daniel_NY on Thu, Sep 18, 14 at 14:26

• jaynine
    9 years ago

Googling 'free image hosting website' will do the job for you (give you a list).

• daniel_nyc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

jaynine, I ALREADY "googled" and found a few. My interest was if he can RECOMMEND any of those many.

And btw, sending someone to "google" when he ask a question is not exactly, helping him. I'm sure 99.99% of the people here heard of Google. And we all know how to use Google.

If all the answers to our gardening problems could be found in Google, this forum wouldn't exist. Nobody would use it.

• digdirt2
    9 years ago

My interest was if he can RECOMMEND any of those many.

I agree with jaynine - Google is always a good source of info on off-topic discussions and this whole discussion is off-topic for this forum anyway. It belongs over on the GW Community forums.

And since you and grubby made such a big deal above about where my photos were from then it is pretty clear that photobucket is my personal preference. It's free, it has been around forever, used by many here already for years, it works, auto html codes for you, easy to size to message board limitations (that's what crashes accounts - too many overly big files), easy to organize, caption, date, etc. And since this now reads like an advertisement, I do not work for the company.

But since photos play only a minor secondary role on a discussion forum anyway, most any of the online storage services out there will suffice.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Umpteen discussions about photo-uploading at GW

• daniel_nyc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

> And since you and grubby made such a big deal above about where my photos were fromâ¦

I didnâÂÂt make a big deal; I simply explained that your 4 photos were NOT uploaded from your computer, as some were thinking from your confusing first post.

And yes, your post WAS confusing, because out of 6 people who posted here, 4 were confused; they though itâÂÂs possible to upload more than one picture from computer - which is not possible. They though there is aâÂÂtrick.âÂÂ

Michael wrote: > I'll have to try your preview trick Dave, thanks for that!

seysonn wrote: > I have tried doing that trick. But won't work.

grubby_me wrote: > Yep, the preview and add trick is totally fake.

And I wrote: > There is NO trick⦠[ I knew that AFTER I tried too the trick. ]

> But since photos play only a minor secondary role on a discussion forum anywayâ¦

Well, some would like to post pictures in a sequence, and being able to upload more than one picture from the computer, is useful / faster for some.

> ...minor secondary role... ?

Sometimes a picture IS necessary to help somebody who asks a question. See posts when people who want to help, request pictures.

This post was edited by Daniel_NY on Thu, Sep 18, 14 at 20:33

• ncrealestateguy
    9 years ago

GW is waaaay behind the times when it comes to being a user friendly forum... It is the only forum I belong to that you have to use a picture hosting site to upload photos.
    All my other forums keep track on the discussions that I have contributed to and I can click on an icon to bring all of those up front. In other words, I don't have to scroll through every thread and try to remember which ones I am active in. Having to preview your post first is a waste of time since they just recently got an edit function.
    After posting a reply, I almost always have to refresh my page... and on and on it goes.
    And count me as another person who thought Digdirt's post was misleading.