Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

o
5th Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange

Posted by hmacdona Zone 3a Calgary (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 10:08

Hi everyone,

As a Canadian member, I am unable to post this note in the exchange forum. I do hope you'll be ok with me posting here as I wanted to extend this offer to the US and International gardenweb members as I did last year.

I am hosting another Tomato and Pepper seed swap that will include members from a few different forums.

Here are the guidelines we will follow for this swap. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL OF THE GUIDELINES.

Seeds must be received by me no later than November 15th, so for those that live in Canada, you must mail your envelope no later than November 1st.. For those in the US and overseas, you need to allow at least 3 weeks mailing time, so please have seeds in the mail by the third week of October.

You can send "named varieties" of tomatoes or peppers (or both). Do not include mixes or seeds labeled "granny's mystery mix" or unnamed bell peppers or anything like that. I cannot, in fairness, send mixed or unknown packs of seed back to people that followed the instructions and only sent in "named varieties". If I receive anything like this, the seeds will be returned to you unless they are clearly marked as bonuses.

If you are sending hybrid seeds to exchange, only F1 seeds from a commercial source are acceptable. Your source for the F1 seeds must be clearly labeled on the envelope/seed packet. Do not send in seeds you have collected from a hybrid plant. They will not grow true to the original parent plant. If you are unsure if the seed you have collected is from a hybrid, please do your research online before mailing in your seeds.

A minimum of 10 seeds per packet. A maximum of 5 packets of the same seed. An overall maximum of 40 packets per person. Please stick to this limit. You must put your seeds into individual packets. I will not do this for you. Every year there�s a few people that push past this limit and include a note that says "I hope you don�t mind�and by the way�I�d like only rare seeds in return"�LOL. Sorry folks, that won�t work. It�s just not fair to everyone else. Bonus tomato & pepper seeds are of course, more than welcome. I just asked that bonuses be clearly labeled as such.

Please ensure seed packets are clearly marked with the name, and whether they are heirloom, OP (Open Pollinated), or F1 hybrid seeds. If you are sending pepper seeds, it would help me a great deal with sorting if you could indicate on the packages if the peppers are sweet or hot as many individuals in the last swap had clear preferences. If seeds are from a commercial source, please note that as well.

If you send tomato seeds, you will receive tomato seeds in return. The same idea for peppers, unless you include a note indicating you want something different in return. You can also send in tomato seeds and ask for pepper seeds in return or visa versa, or any combination. I fully expect a large variety and volume of seed types to be able to accommodate this.

4) Please include a list of what you are sending, your wish list and if there are any seeds you do
not want to receive. It is very important to take the time to write out a list of what you are sending, otherwise I have to do it for you and I do not have time for that. If you are only interested in heirloom or OP, please tell me that as well. I will try my best to accommodate your wish list, but there are no guarantees of course. The variety will be completely dependent on what is sent in. In last year's swap, we were able to fill many items on people's wish lists so please take the time to prepare one - it will be worth your while. I do my very best to handle this swap fairly. I will post a separate note shortly listing the highly sought after varieties from last years swap, in case this helps those that are wondering what to send in.

You will need to mail your seeds inside a bubble envelope with a return label inside, along
with the correct amount of return postage. I will reuse your original bubble envelope to send
your surprise seeds back to you. Return postage rates are as follows:

* If you live in Canada - $1.29 return postage stamps (Canadian Stamps only)
* If you live in the US - $2.21 (CAD or US$) (includes tax)
* If you live outside Canada and US - $4.41 (CAD or US$) (includes tax)

All postage rates can be verified on the Canada Post website. For those outside of Canada, you will need to send enough funds to pay for return postage. You can either send concealed cash in the envelope or you could submit payment for postage via Paypal. Please DO NOT send stamps from your country. They will not work here in Canada :)

It's important that you send a regular bubble envelope and not the heavy cardboard insulated type. Weight restriction in this price category is 100g. Please be sure to send a big enough envelope. I would recommend a minimum of 4 x 6 so thickness stays within Canada Post letter mail requirements.

If you change your mind after registering, and no longer wish to participate, PLEASE notify me immediately so we do not delay the swap waiting for your seeds to arrive. This will also save me a great deal of time trying to follow up and track people down.

I will email you privately with my mailing address once you have posted here to sign up for this swap. You must make sure that your gardenweb profile has your email address attached and it's visible to other members, so I can contact you. Please triple check this before signing up for this swap.

Any questions. Please let me know. Let's have fun exchanging seeds !!!!

Thanks��Heather

Please note - I will be out of town on business November 19 thru 21st and will not be responding to anyone during that time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 5th Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange

Sign me up please. Laura

o

Please sign me up too. I've looked forward to this the last couple of years.

o

I'd like to participate too. Thanks.

o

Hi everyone,

Lots of great participation so far in our first day. I sent everyone that signed up on this forum a private message with further detail. If you did not receive it for any reason, please get back in touch with me. The gardenweb message system can sometimes be a bit finicky.

Looking forward to a great swap. Last year we had 139 participants. We have to beat the record each year, so can't wait to see where we land.

o

Count me in. This was great last year!

o

Always love this swap. I've been saving seeds alteady.

o

Alright!
I'm in. Thank you Heather for this wonderful thing !

o

I am in, enjoyed last years swap. Nes

o

Yay!
Definitely count me in.

o

Okay......I'm in.....now to start counting seeds newine

o

I'm in too. :-)

o

Count me in.

o

Great to see everyone returning to the swap. Lots of new participants as well. We're already up to 49 participants...and we just got started yesterday!!!

Will contact everyone tonight with further detail. Just got home from work and have some catching up to do.

o

Please count me in:)

Will you be posting the most sought after varieties on this thread?

o

Hi everyone, I received a question about sending in bonus seeds for sharing. I just love the generosity of the people that participate in this swap. While bonuses are certainly not expected, if you were lucky enough to get a bounty of extra seeds this year and wish to share with the other participants...that would be awesome. As always, I randomly distribute bonus tomato & pepper seeds to the participants. If you were wanting to send in some other type of seed to this swap, could I ask you to send me a private message, as I need to plan for those differently. I need to know about other types of bonus seeds in advance of actually receiving them, as I do not distribute those the same way..as not everyone will express an interest in "other" seeds. Advance communication will allow me plenty of time to plan distribution before the deadline. If I receive other bonus seeds as a surprise in the mail, they may arrive to late for me to distribute.

I very much appreciate what is sent in for sharing with the participants, as I know so many others do too. Please don't feel that you are expected to send in bonuses. This exchange is about sharing and trying new varieties and we like to take special care of our newbies...as we love nothing better than getting others addicted to tomatoes and peppers :)

Thanks everyone for all of your assistance in making this exchange a big success !

o

Heather, sign me up. Have plenty of tomato seed to swap, saved over 50 varieties this year, so seeds will be poppin' fresh.

o

Glad you're able to join us again coolbythecoast. You always send in such great varieties for people that have cooler/wetter seasons.

Naturemitch - welcome aboard!! Will definitely be posting a list of highly sought after varieties. I have a bit of work to do in building that list, but will post it soon.

We're up to 60 participants..and only two days into this swap. Looking good !!!

o

Hi again,

I thought it would be worth posting a note about tomatillos. Tomatillos are not tomatoes, and as such, should not be sent in for exchanging in this swap. If you want to send some in for bonuses, that's great...I'll open them up to the group to see who's interested. I did not have anyone list "tomatillos" on their wish lists in any of the swaps I have hosted, so wanted to make sure everyone is aware...that they are not considered a valid "exchange" item for this swap. Thanks everyone.

o

I'd like to sign up. I went in to make it possible to email me from my member page (but it was a bit confusing so if it doesnt work just post back here and I'll try it again).

o

• Posted by cziga Zone 5 -Toronto (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 13:25

Count me in as well. I've participated for several years and it is a fantastic swap!!

I second the idea for a most sought after list and also a least sought after list (I believe last year you posted a list of the most common varieties that people send in but don't ask for, I actually find that helpful too. I think all of us grow some unusual varieties, but some very common ones too).

Thanks for running this again, Heather!

o

I would like to participate.

o

Welcome aboard everyone. I sent everyone that signed up a message via gardenweb. Please let me now if you do not receive it.

We're up to 70 participants....woohoo!

Come join the fun everyone !!!!

o

I would like to participate.

Here is a link that might be useful: myfolia journal

o

Thanks for doing this again Heather I received an email from you directly and replied, but wanted to make sure...

I'm in!

o

Count me in. I sent you a return email also. Thanks!

Botanicat

o

Hi everyone,

As promised, here is a list of highly sought after varieties from last years exchange. The names that appear on this list appeared frequently on wish lists, and in most cases we didn't have enough of that type to filll the wish list. Please keep in mind that there are hundreds of other types of seeds on wish lists. This list only includes those that appeared at a higher frequency level.

I will post a list of seeds that we tend to get way too much of or frequently appear on "do not want" lists shortly. Still working on that.

HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER TOMATOES

Amazon chocolate
Anna Maria�s Heart
applause
barlow jap
Belgium triumph
Big cheef
Big Sungold Select
black and brown boar
Bulgarian #7
Bulgarian triumph
Client eastwood�s rowdy red
Cow�s tit
Dagma�s Perfection
earl's faux
dancing with smurfs
fordhook first
gary o-sena
gold medal
goose creek
Green doctors
Green doctors frosted
green zebra cherry
JD�s Special C Tex
Little Lucky
Livingston beauty
Mama leone
momotaro F1
Monkey�s Ass
Moravsky div
Nebraska Wedding
neves azorean red
omar's Lebanese
Orange Russian 117
Orange Strawberry
Oxacan jewels
Pale Perfect Purple
Portuguese Neighbour
Prue,
Purple haze f1
russian #117
Sandul Moldovan
Sara black
summer cider
sungold F1
Tarasenko 06
taylor lacey leaf
tim's black ruffles
virginia sweets
Wes
Zapotec
1884 Purple
any of the new dwarfs
any of the boar series

HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER PEPPERS

Aconcagua
biker billy f1
Brazilian Starfish
Gypsy
Holy Mole
Lipstick
Manzano
Melrose
Mucho Nacho
orange sun
Purple Jalapeno
Purple Marconi
red savina
rocoto
St. Lucia Yellow Seasoning
sweets - non bells
tobago seasoning
trinidad scorpion
any rare or unusual
Superhots are always on wish lists

Hopefully this information is helpful to some. Thanks.....Heather

o

Me again,

Here's a list of seeds we tend to get way too much of, or that frequently appear on "do not want" lists. The intention is not to restrict you from sending these seeds in. I realize there are a lot of newer participants that are just starting out and only have these types of seeds to share. By all means, send them in. We'll make sure you'll get some new varieties in return. This posting is made at the request of a number of participants that have asked for this info, in particular those that have lots of seeds to choose from, to help guide them a bit. Here goes:

TOMATOES

Brandywine regular
Green zebra
Large red cherry
Marglobe
Regular beefsteak (simply marked as beefsteak)
roma (regular)
Rutgers
Small red cherry
yellow pear

� A note on cherry tomatoes, we do tend to get a lot of cherry tomato seeds in. A number of members send in quite a few cherry tomatoes but indicate that they do not want cherry tomatoes back. If you send in cherry tomato seeds in, you will very likely get some cherry tomato seeds back (different ones than you sent in of course). This is to be fair because of the volume of these types we receive. There are lots of cherry tomatoes that appear on wish lists. Just want you to be aware that if you send some in, plan on getting some new cherries in return 

PEPPERS

California wonder
Cayenne Red (any kind of red hot- large or small)
Habanero orange
Hot cherry
Jalapeno regular
Mixes of any kind

Hopefully this info is helpful to some. Thanks....Heather

o

And....we're up to 81 participants. If you've been sitting on the sidelines, wondering whether you should join in....come on...join the fun !!!!

o

Hello!

Please sign me up as well. I grew 30 varieties this year so have lots of seeds to share.

o

Heather,
I signed up on another site earlier but am checking in here for updates if you could switch me over.
Thanks, Alana

o

Updated my records. Thanks Alana.

o

Last year's swap was outstanding...include me again this year. And thanks for the extensive wish list. Wasn't sure if I had much to offer until I seen a few things on the list that I could offer.

George in Colorado

o

Welcome back George. Glad you decided to join us. That wish list is just a smidgen of the varieties that made up the wish lists. Everyone has something to offer than someone else wants..that I'm sure of.

Just sent you an email with further details.

Thanks....Heather

o

We're one week into this swap and up to 95 participants. We're going to have such a great variety to share.

o

Heather, I would like to participate.

Thanks
Dwight

o

Welcome aboard mrdoitall !!! Glad you decided to dive in. I just sent you an email with more detail. Please let me know if you do not receive it. Thanks

o

For all the newbies that have joined, please don't be shy about putting together a wish list. It doesn't matter how big it is A lot of time people hesitate to put together a wish list, because they think they are making more work for me. You're not..and I really want to know what's on your wish list. That's a really big part of how this swap is run. If for any reason you don't have a wish list, but you do keep a list of what you already have in your stash, you could send me that instead, or send me both. My goal is to expand your collection and not send you anything you already have.

o

Allright folks...we're at 98 participants and we just must get to 100 by the end of the night. I won't turn off my computer or go to bed until we get to 100. Who's going to help me out here?. I'm tired and have a big day tomorrow. I'll stay up for as long as it takes...LOL

o

Allright folks...we're at 98 participants and we just must get to 100 by the end of the night. I won't turn off my computer or go to bed until we get to 100. Who's going to help me out here?. I'm tired and have a big day tomorrow. I'll stay up for as long as it takes...LOL

o

LOL you still up?

o

We made it to 100 !!! Woohoo!!! and I managed to get a bit of shut eye :)

o

We made it to 100 !!! Woohoo!!! and I managed to get a bit of shut eye :)

o

Heather please count me in! Rick

o

Welcome back Rick. Glad you can join us again.

We're up to 102 participants. I'll be accepting new signups until October 20th.

o

Please count me in too. This will be my first exchange like this.

Thanks

o

Hi Churnoble,

I tried to contact you but you do not have your email address on your member page. Please go to edit your member details and change the setting so that members can see your email address. Please get back in touch with me when you've made this change. Thanks....Heather

o

Hi Heather,
Please count me in. This will be my first exchange too. I sent you an email earlier. Not sure if you got it.
Thanks.

o

Welcome crystalline_ca,

I didn't get an email from you earlier. Best to click on the actual email link and not the gardenweb message link. I just sent you a message with further detail. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

Churnoble, I'm still unable to contact you as you don't have email set up on your gardenweb profile.

Thanks....Heather

o

We're up to 109 participants. If you've been sitting on the sidelines, don't be shy, come join the fun!!!

o

We're up to 110 participants.

A couple of friendly reminders for everyone...

1) Tomatillos are not accepted in this swap since they are not tomatoes.

2) Also, if you live outside of Canada, do not send stamps. They will not work outside of your home country. Please refer to the instructions on the cost of postage in Canada. (I've already had a couple of people tell me they mailed their seeds and sent return postage stamps, when they lived in the US). Thought it was worth posting another reminder on this.

Thanks everyone....Heather

o

Count me in!
Thanks for doing this again Heather!

o

Welcome about Jay_NY...sent you an email with more info. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

o

Heather I have decided to opt out of the trade. I realized I am happy with what I have for now. Maybe next year.

o

Thanks for letting me know luckynes13. Much appreciated.

o

OMG....I guess tomato and pepper season really is officially over. My friend just popped by to winterize the sprinkler systems. He rang the doorbell and stood there, teeth chattering....touque and gloves on. It's snowing like crazy out there. Once I got control of my laughter, of course I invited him in for a hot cup of tea, but this is crazy. I know it's not always true, but our first real snowfall is normally close to halloween. This is October 2nd isn't it??? Or am I just imagining things? Looks like we're in for a long one. And to think...I haven't even had frost yet.

o

We're up to 113 participants. There's still time to join in!

o

Hi everyone, we're up to 116 participants!

As I receive envelopes in the mail, I will post updates in this thread to advise. Please keep checking the thread periodically to see if your envelope has arrived.

Thanks....Heather

o

Hi, If its not too late I would like to sign up.

o

Welcome aboard karen58. Sent you an email with additional info earlier. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

We're up to 118 participants.

o

We're up to 120 participants! Still time to join in the fun!

o

We're up to 123 participants. I'm still accepting new signups for a little while longer.

o

Today I received seeds from "bdgardener". Thanks

o

Hi, I'd like to join.

Daren

o

Welcome aboard Daren. Sent you an email earlier with more info. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

We're up to 126 participants.

o

Today I received seeds from "rustacator". Thanks

o

Hi again everybody.

A little over a week left before you need to get your seeds in the mail. They need to be mailed by October 20th. If it's easier for you, you could always mail your seeds first and email me your wish list separately, or send it to me by private message in t-ville. I know a few people may want a bit more time to build their wish lists. That's fine.

Please rememeber to include a list of what seeds you are sending in your envelope. This is crucial for my organization process. If you don't send that list, I have to write one for you when your seeds arrive. It just saves me a lot of time. Thanks so much for your assistance.

o

Today I received seeds from "habjolokia". Thanks

o

I mailed mine today,
Alana

o

Thanks for the update Alana. We're up to 129 participants.

A friendly reminder to all the participants, if you live outside of Canada, your seeds need to be in the mail no later than October 20th.

Thanks....Heather

o

Today I received seeds from:

* crystalline_ca
* lorabell

Thanks....Heather

o

Just wanted to let you know, my seeds were sent out today.
Thank you again

o

Thanks for the update tinley244,

Today I received seeds from "dirtdaddy".

Thanks.....Heather

o

We're up to 132 participants.

I'm still accepting new signups until Oct 20th (provided you can get your seeds in the mail Oct 20th).

o

Hi Heather,

My seeds were sent out today. Hope you get them soon.
Thank you so much for taking the time to set this Seed Exchange up! Can't wait to see what I get!

Thanks
Dwight

o

too late....nothing to trade this year.......but looking forward to this next year! - jon

o

I have sent my seeds out today. I will email you my wish list sometime next eeek.

Thanks!

Mike

o

Thanks for the updates.

o

Heather,

I just made the post office today and a package is on the way from Colorado.

George

o

THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED TO NEW PARTICIPANTS.

We have 128 participating in this swap.

o

Hey folks...now that we've closed this swap to new participants, I'm getting ready to post a bonus offer. You gotta be quick...so keep your eyes posted on this forum :)

o
bonus offer - misc veggies

BONUS OFFER TO THE PARTICIPANTS OF THIS EXCHANGE

Hi everyone,

Now that we're no longer accepting new signups, it's time to offer up some miscellaneous veggie seeds as bonuses. If interested, please post or message me with your TOP 15 CHOICES IN ORDER OF PRIORITY. Please do not message me saying "I'll take whatever you can share". Those types of requests go to the bottom of the pile, and you will likely lose out if you don't respond with your specific wish list on these items, as requested.

Requests are being filled on a first come first serve basis (I go by time stamps on postings and email). All of these seeds are being offered up only to the participants of this swap, including swap participants from other forums. There is no guarantee that you will get any, but if you are quick, and give me a long list to pick from, I'm sure you'll see some nice surprises in your envelope. I am not posting who will receive what from this bonus offer. You will get the surprises in your envelope. Some of the seeds are in very limited quantity, so if you are too late for one seed type, I can work my way down the rest of your list.

I will post a periodic update to indicate what's still available, but I do work full time, so my updates will be delayed, thus the reason I'm asking you to provide me with your top 15 choices.

I will reply to you to confirm receipt of your request the same day. If you do not hear back from me, I did not get your request. To make sure your request goes through, be sure to click on my actual email address in my gardenweb profile, and don't send a message via the gardenweb message system. It is unreliable.

Thank you to all of the generous participants who sent in these bonus veggie seeds to share with you. Your generosity makes this swap so much fun.

So, after that long preamble...here's the list:

Miscellaneous Veggies
Beets - Chioggie
Beets - Early Wonder Tall
Borecole - Black Tuscany
Broccoli Spigariello
Cabbage - Pointed Calibos
Carrot - Chantenay
Carrot - Danvers Half Long
Carrot - Red Cored Chantenay
Carrot - Scarlet Nantes
Carrot - Solar Yellow
Cauliflower - Romanesco
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber - Armenian Long
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Cucumber - Tortarelo
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Lettuce - Grand Rapids
Lettuce - Romaine Cimmaron Red
Lettuce - Salad Bowl
Minnesota Midget Cantaloupe
Purslane - Golden
Radish - Early Scarlet Globe
Radish - Easter Egg
Radish - French Breakfast
Radish - Helios
Radish - Nero Tondo d'Inverno
Radish - Purple Plum
Radish - Scarlet Turnip White Tip (heirloom from 1880s)
Radish - Sparkler White Tip (Bolts easily, tastes hot if temps reach 80 degrees)
Radish - Yellow
Rutabaga - Laurentian Gold
Turnip - Golden Globe
Turnip - Manchester Market
Turnip - Purple Globe Top
Turnip - Seven Top
Turnip - White Shogun

Beans/Peas
Beurre de Rocquencourt (bush/wax bean)
Blue Goose Chowder (Cow Pea)
Blue Ribbon (bush/snap bean)
Fin de Bagnol (bush/snap bean)
Flamingo (pole/wax -6-10 inches long, flat, wide, tender, stringless, bright pink with some yellow, cooks
to all yellow, 70-75 dtm)
Rattlesnake (pole/snap bean)
Yard Long Bean (pole, likes warm climate)

Asian Greens
40 Day Yu Choy Sum (Flowering Bok Choy)
80 Day Yu Choy Sum (Flowering Bok Choy)
Ching Chiang (Green Bok Choy)(6-7 inches, tolerates heat)
F1 Big Stem Yu Choy Sum (Flowering Bok Choy)
Hazzards P6510 (White Bok Choy, tall)
Joi Choi F1 (White Bok Choy)(18" vigorous, bolt-resistant, fall or winter, wide range of temps)
Komatsuna (Spinach Mustard)
Mei Qing Choy (Green Bok Choy)(thiram, baby, tolerates heat and cold)
Mizuna (Japanese Mustard)
Tainong Seeds Tall (White Bok Choy)
Tatsoi (small rosette, mild, cold hardy to 15 degrees)
"Taiwan" San Tong (White Bok Choy)(OP 13 inches)

o

Heres my list of 15 top choices.

1)Minnesota Midget Cantaloupe
2)Flamingo
3)Carrot - Solar Yellow
4)Blue Goose Chowder
5)Celeriac - Giant Prague
6)Fin de Bagnol
7)Carrot - Solar Yellow
8)Cucumber - Tortarelo
9)Beets - Chioggie
10)Borecole - Black Tuscany
11)Beets - Early Wonder Tall
12)Carrot - Chantenay
13)Cucumber - Tortarelo
14)Rattlesnake
15)Yard Long Bean

o
Bonus seeds - update

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great response. I have a ton of messages with wish lists to sort through on this, but have updated a couple of items I know for sure are out, based on the volume of responses I've put in my database so far. There may be others that I'm out of once I sort through all the lists, but that's why I'm asking you to give me a long wish list.

On another note - I screwed up, and forgot to enter 4 bonus seed types earlier (3 cucumbers and 1 zucchini). I have modified the list and put an * in front of the new additions.

If you'd like to swap anything on your original wish list for any of these new items, please let me know asap. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks.....Heather

***AS WITH THE ORIGINAL POSTING, I AM LOOKING FOR YOUR TOP 15 PICKS IN ORDER OF PRIORITY. YOU GOTTA BE QUICK !!! Here's the updated list

Miscellaneous Veggies
Beets - Chioggie
Beets - Early Wonder Tall
Borecole - Black Tuscany
Broccoli Spigariello
Cabbage - Pointed Calibos
Carrot - Chantenay
Carrot - Danvers Half Long
Carrot - Red Cored Chantenay
Carrot - Scarlet Nantes
Carrot - Solar Yellow
Cauliflower - Romanesco
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber - Armenian Long
* Cucumber - Marketmore 76
* Cucumber - Morden Early
Cucumber - Tasty Green
* Cucumber - White Wonder
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Lettuce - Grand Rapids
Lettuce - Salad Bowl
Minnesota Midget Cantaloupe
Purslane - Golden
Radish - Early Scarlet Globe
Radish - Easter Egg
Radish - French Breakfast
Radish - Helios
Radish - Nero Tondo d'Inverno
Radish - Purple Plum
Radish - Scarlet Turnip White Tip (heirloom from 1880s)
Radish - Sparkler White Tip (Bolts easily, tastes hot if temps reach 80 degrees)
Radish - Yellow
Rutabaga - Laurentian Gold
Turnip - Golden Globe
Turnip - Seven Top
Turnip - White Shogun
* Zuchinni - Alberello di Sarzano

Beans/Peas
Beurre de Rocquencourt (bush/wax bean)
Blue Ribbon (bush/snap bean)
Fin de Bagnol (bush/snap bean)
Flamingo (pole/wax -6-10 inches long, flat, wide, tender, stringless, bright pink with some yellow, cooks
to all yellow, 70-75 dtm)
Rattlesnake (pole/snap bean)

Asian Greens
40 Day Yu Choy Sum (Flowering Bok Choy)
80 Day Yu Choy Sum (Flowering Bok Choy)
Ching Chiang (Green Bok Choy)(6-7 inches, tolerates heat)
F1 Big Stem Yu Choy Sum (Flowering Bok Choy)
Hazzards P6510 (White Bok Choy, tall)
Joi Choi F1 (White Bok Choy)(18" vigorous, bolt-resistant, fall or winter, wide range of temps)
Mei Qing Choy (Green Bok Choy)(thiram, baby, tolerates heat and cold)
Mizuna (Japanese Mustard)
Tainong Seeds Tall (White Bok Choy)
Tatsoi (small rosette, mild, cold hardy to 15 degrees)
"Taiwan" San Tong (White Bok Choy)(OP 13 inches)

o

Hi Heather,
I hope I'm still in time.

Here are my top 15 choices:
Beurre de Rocquencourt Beans
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cucumber - Armenian Long
Flamingo Beans
Lettuce - Grand Rapids
Broccoli Spigariello
Cauliflower - Romanesco
Zuchinni - Alberello di Sarzano
Blue Ribbon beans
F1 Big Stem Yu Choy Sum
Komatsuna
Cucumber - Morden Early
Cucumber - White Wonder

Thanks!

o

Have noted your preferences crystalline_ca.

Here's an updated list of bonus seeds. Have removed what I know for sure is gone. Still have a number of requests to sort through, so I still ask that you submit your top 15 in order of priority.

Miscellaneous Veggies
Beets � Early Wonder Tall
Borecole � Black Tuscany
Cabbage � Pointed Calibos
Carrot � Chantenay
Cauliflower - Romanesco
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber � Armenian Long
Cucumber � Marketmore 76
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Eggplant � Black Beauty
Radish � Early Scarlet Globe
Radish � Sparkler White Tip (Bolts easily, tastes hot if temps reach 80 degrees)
Turnip � Golden Globe
Turnip � Manchester Market
Turnip � Purple Globe Top
Turnip � Seven Top

Beans/Peas

Asian Greens

o

Blue Goose chowder bean is now gone too!

o

Came a bit late to the party, but I'd be interested in the following if there's still some to share:

1. Cauliflower - Romanesco
2. Cabbage-pointed Calibos
3. Armenian long cucumber
4. Cucumber-tasty green
5. Cucumber-Marketmore 76

o

have noted your preferences happygardener.

An updated list of what's remaining for those that haven't already responded:

Beets � Early Wonder Tall
Borecole � Black Tuscany
Cabbage � Pointed Calibos
Carrot � Chantenay
Cauliflower - Romanesco
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber � Armenian Long
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Cucumber - White Wonder
Eggplant � Black Beauty
Radish � Sparkler White Tip (Bolts easily, tastes hot if temps reach 80 degrees)
Turnip � Manchester Market
Turnip � Purple Globe Top
Turnip � Seven Top

o

I would like the following:

Yard Long Bean
Cucumber Armenian Long
Cucumber Tasty Green
Turnip Purple Globe Top
Carrot Chantenay

Thanks

o

Have noted your preferences for bonus seeds flytyer. Thanks

* Aenelson
* Flytyer
* Maplegrove
* Northernhab
* Wildmantrav

Thanks....Heather

o

An updated list of what's remaining for those that haven't already responded. There may only be one or two pkgs left of many of these, so you gotta be quick:

Beets Early Wonder Tall
Borecole Black Tuscany
Carrot Chantenay
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber - Armenian Long
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Radish - Sparkler White Tip
Turnip - Seven Top

o

An updated list of what's remaining for those that haven't already responded. There may only be one or two pkgs left of many of these, so you gotta be quick:

Beets Early Wonder Tall
Carrot Chantenay
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber - Armenian Long
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Turnip - Seven Top

o

Oct 23rd - I received seeds from:

* BriAnDaren
* BigDan1
* Churnoble
* Penguinsrock09
* Sandysgardens

I have not had a chance to look at what you sent, so may need to contact you a bit later if I have any questions.

Thanks...Heather

o

Today I received seeds from "Karen58".

Thanks...Heather

o

Beets Early Wonder Tall
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Turnip - Seven Top

o

Beets Early Wonder Tall
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Turnip - Seven Top

o

Beets Early Wonder Tall
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Turnip - Seven Top

o

Beets Early Wonder Tall
Celeriac - Giant Prague
Cilantro
Cucumber - Tasty Green
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Turnip - Seven Top

o

Today I received envelopes from:

* Green_go
* Violetisme
* Slo_garden

Have not peeked inside the envelopes yet. Just had a quick second to let you know the envelopes are here. May need to reach out to you later if I have any questions. Thanks....Heather

o

* azzure08
* botanicat
* jaynine
* john11840
* onesteward
* peppermeister
* phpete
* pond_gardener
* reach_for_the_sun
* scorprion_john

Had not yet peeked inside the envelopes. Just had a quick second to let you know your envelopes arrived. May need to connect with you a bit later if I have any questions.

Thanks....Heather

o

* sweet_marie
* theloud
* tinley244

Have not yet peeked inside the envelopes. Just had a quick second to let you know your envelopes arrived. May need to connect with you a bit later if I have any questions.

Thanks....Heather

o

I need your help finding the owner of a mystery envelope I received today. The member name was not written on the note inside (as per instructions), so I have no way of knowing who these belong to.

I have 18 people with the same first initial participating in this swap.

If your initials are G.M. and you live in Hillsboro, MO, can you please contact me as quickly as possible.

Thank you

o

Found my mystery person. Thanks again

o

Today I received seeds from "fanatic79". Thanks...Heather

o

* bbjm
* cziga
* happygardener23
* jonboy999
* mrdoitall
* rgvnewf

Thanks....Heather

o

There are a few members in this forum, who signed up for the swap and have still not answered any followup emails/messages from me which requested an update. It is a massive task to keep track of everyone in this swap, and I didn't think I was asking too much to let me know if you've changed your minds and no longer want to participate - or to take a quick second to let me know your seeds are in the mail.

I will not mention any names, but this is to notify those individuals, that I have no choice but to assume you are no longer in this swap. If your envelope arrives without any communication from you, it will be sent back "return to sender". I just wish you could have taken a second to send me a message....it would have saved me a great deal of time with followup. IF YOU HAVEN'T MAILED YOUR SEEDS, IT'S TOO LATE NOW...DON'T SEND THEM.

Thanks to everyone who took a moment to keep me up to date. Your communication makes this job of coordinating the swap, so much smoother. Thanks again.

o

I so hate that I missed this swap. :o(

o

Ok folks,

Time for another bonus offer. This is only for participants of this exchange. Email me (or post here), a list of seeds you are interested in, in order of priority. First come first serve. What you get will be a surprise to you when you get your envelope in the mail. I am also carrying forward a couple of seeds from the prior offer. Some of these are very limited quantities so you need to be quick.

I will only be able to update the list of what's available every day or so, so I am not guaranteeing anything is still available by the time you contact me, so please be sure to give me a list of number if items you're interested in, so I can work my way through.

Here goes......

Miscellaneous Veggies/Herbs/Flower

Anise Hyssop "Golden Jubilee" (agastache foeniculum)
Aunt Molly's Ground Cherry
Basil � Blue Spice
Basil � Fino Verde
Beans � Kentucky Wonder
Borecole Black Tuscany
Celeriac Giant Prague
Chervil (anthriscus cerefolium)
Cilantro
Corn Salad (valerianella locusta)
Cucumber Tasty Green
Edamame � Midori Giant (70 days, extra early)
Eggplant Black Beauty
Eggplant Ping Tung
Gai Choy Small (Leaf Mustard)
Iris Setosa � Baby Blue
Kohlrabi � Supersmeltz
Marigold Yellow Taishan
Peas � Sugar Snap Dwarf Grey
Radish Daikon Minowase
Sunflowers - unknown variety
Tomatillo Purple (physalis ixocarpa)
Tree Aloe (aloe arborescens)
Tree Angelica (Aralia Elata)
Turnip Manchester Market

Thanks...Heather

P.S. If you email me, I will confirm back to you within 24 hours so you know I got it. If you don't hear from me, I didn't get your email.

o

Wow! Have received an overwhelming response on this one. have noted everyones preferences that posted here. If I received your email, I have also sent an acknowledgement.
Here's an updated list of what's still available:

Miscellaneous Veggies/Herbs/Flower

Beans � Kentucky Wonder
Celeriac Giant Prague
Cucumber Tasty Green
Eggplant Black Beauty
Kohlrabi - Supersmeltz
Turnip Manchester Market

Thanks...Heather

P.S. If you email me, I will confirm back to you within 24 hours so you know I got it. If you don't hear from me, I didn't get your email.

o

Updated Bonus List....here's what's remaining.

Celeriac Giant Prague
Eggplant Black Beauty
Kohlrabi - Supersmeltz
Turnip Manchester Market

o

Hi Heather,
I would like some Kohlrabi,
Alana

o

* detroitgirl77
* mike3
* naturemitch
* newine
* poisondartfrog

Thanks...Heather

o

Have noted your preferences poisondartfrog. Thanks

Celeriac Giant Prague
Eggplant Black Beauty
Turnip Manchester Market

o

Eggplant Black Beauty
Turnip Manchester Market

o

Today I received seeds from "emcd124".

Thanks...Heather

o

* coolbythecoast
* dmforcier
* misterpatrick

Thanks....Heather

o

Yesterday (Nov 7th) I also received seeds from "redthreaddiy".

Thanks....Heather

o
Last Chance - Wish Lists

Hi folks,

Last chance to add to your wish list. If there any other specific varieties you want me to add to your list, please let me know no later than Nov 11th.

Specifically requested varieties are filled first. So if you are hoping for a specific variety, but you only gave me general guidelines of types you're looking for, you might miss out. Don't be shy....it's easy enough for me to add to your wish list.

If I receive all of the envelopes before the deadline, I'm going to start stuffing envelopes at that point...so I need you to get your wish lists in asap please.

Thanks....Heather

P.S. If you don't have a wish list, but do keep track of what you have already, feel free to email me your "have" list for me to cross reference.

o

Today I received seeds from "foodiefish".

Thanks....Heather

o

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update.....I'm still waiting on a few envelopes (not many) and will start stuffing them as soon as they are all in.

It will likely take me a couple of weeks to sort through all the wish lists, have lists and don't want lists and cross reference to the seeds. I work full time, so can only do this for a couple of hours every night.

A friendly reminder that I will be out of town on business Nov 19-21 and I will be unable to reply to email or sort seeds during that time.

I've had a few emails asking me if I would be mailing all the envelopes on November 15th. Unfortunately no, I can't even begin to sort until all the envelopes are in....so the process just gets started at that point. All the envelopes are part of one big pool.

Thanks for your patience. I know everyone is anxious.

.....Heather

o

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update.....I'm still waiting on a few envelopes (not many) and will start stuffing them as soon as they are all in.

It will likely take me a couple of weeks to sort through all the wish lists, have lists and don't want lists and cross reference to the seeds. I work full time, so can only do this for a couple of hours every night.

A friendly reminder that I will be out of town on business Nov 19-21 and I will be unable to reply to email or sort seeds during that time.

I've had a few emails asking me if I would be mailing all the envelopes on November 15th. Unfortunately no, I can't even begin to sort until all the envelopes are in....so the process just gets started at that point. All the envelopes are part of one big pool.

Thanks for your patience. I know everyone is anxious.

.....Heather

o
Final Bonus Offer - Wildcard Round

Hi everyone,

I have one last bonus offer to put forward. I'm going to handle this one differently from the prior two offers. This bonus offer will be left open until midnight November 16th (mountain standard time).

Everyone is welcome to reply with a list of seeds they hope for in order of priority. I will be giving priority to individuals that have the least amount of seed packets already set aside for them from prior offers, and on a first come first serve basis to those individuals. In many cases, these would be individuals that were late to respond, but not necessarily.

I am not going to be telling people how many packets they already have allocated...you will find out by surprise when you get your envelopes back. I will apply these parameters from behind the scenes so please don't ask me to give you updates. I just don't have time for that.

After the deadline, seeds will just be allocated on a first come first serve basis period. You never know who's going to respond or what people want, so if you see something you like, just email me your wish list. You may or may not get something, but it is worth putting your name forward.

Once again....you need to be fast. Here's the list of seeds available (some in very limited quantities).

Beck's Snapping Okra
Calabrese Trixie F1 Hybrid
Cape Gooseberry
Cowpea Pretzel - needs a warm climate
Eggplant Goyo Kumba
Eggplant Slim Jim
Eggplant Snowy
Orange Cosmos
Sprouting Broccoli
Sprouting Radish
Tomatillo Green
Watermelon Early Canada

Thanks.....Heather

o

Hi everyone,

I have one last bonus offer to put forward. I'm going to handle this one differently from the prior two offers. This bonus offer will be left open until midnight November 16th (mountain standard time).

Everyone is welcome to reply with a list of seeds they hope for in order of priority. I will be giving priority to individuals that have the least amount of seed packets already set aside for them from prior offers, and on a first come first serve basis to those individuals. In many cases, these would be individuals that were late to respond, but not necessarily.

I am not going to be telling people how many packets they already have allocated...you will find out by surprise when you get your envelopes back. I will apply these parameters from behind the scenes so please don't ask me to give you updates. I just don't have time for that.

After the deadline, seeds will just be allocated on a first come first serve basis period. You never know who's going to respond or what people want, so if you see something you like, just email me your wish list. You may or may not get something, but it is worth putting your name forward.

Once again....you need to be fast. Here's the list of seeds available (some in very limited quantities).

Beck's Snapping Okra
Cape Gooseberry
Eggplant Goyo Kumba
Eggplant Slim Jim
Eggplant Snowy
Orange Cosmos
Sprouting Broccoli
Sprouting Radish
Tomatillo Green
Watermelon Early Canada

Thanks.....Heather

o

Hi everyone,

Beck's Snapping Okra
Cape Gooseberry
Eggplant Goyo Kumba
Eggplant Slim Jim
Eggplant Snowy
Orange Cosmos
Sprouting Broccoli
Sprouting Radish
Tomatillo Green
Watermelon Early Canada

Thanks.....Heather

o

Hi everyone,

Beck's Snapping Okra
Cape Gooseberry
Eggplant Goyo Kumba
Eggplant Slim Jim
Eggplant Snowy
Orange Cosmos
Sprouting Broccoli
Sprouting Radish
Tomatillo Green
Watermelon Early Canada

Thanks.....Heather

o

Hi Heather,
I'd like some Calabrese Trixie F1 Hybrid and Eggplant Slim Jim.
Thanks.

o

Have noted your preferences crystalline_ca. Thanks

o

Hi Heather,
Can you please put me down for:

Tomatillo Green
Eggplant Guyo Kumba
Eggplant Slim Jim

Thank you

o

Hi everyone,

A quick update.....I am still waiting for one envelope to arrive (it was mailed on time), but have been diligently working my way through wish lists where possible. Still have lots of work to do.

When I am ready to start mailing envelopes back, it will be gradual and I will post here to keep you updated on what envelopes have been mailed back.

So please keep checking the forum periodically for updates.

Thanks....Heather

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Nov 17), I mailed seeds back to:

* azzure08
* BriAnDaren
* Mike3

PLEASE let me know when your envelopes arrive so I can track and update my records.

Thanks....Heather

o
Absence Notice

Hi everyone,

I'm just heading to the airport. Off to Toronto on business. From this point forward, I won't be replying to email until I return on Nov 22nd.

Will get back to the seed sorting when I return.

Thanks.....Heather

o

Today I received seeds from Rick_in_va. Thanks....Heather

o
Seeds mailed

Today I mailed seeds back to:

* Aenelson

Thanks....Heather

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Nov 24), I mailed seeds back to:

* bdgardener
* karen58

PLEASE let me know when your seeds arrive, so I can update my records. Thanks....Heather

o

Today (Nov 25) I mailed seeds back to:

* emcd124
* newine
* violetisme

PLEASE let me know when your seeds arrive so I can update my records. Thanks....Heather

o

Today I mailed seeds to "Happygardener23".

PLEASE let me know when your seeds arrive so I can update my records. Thanks....Heather

o

Today (Nov 28) I mailed seeds to:

* delltraveler
* jillybeantx
* robinb

o

got my seeds--so excited for next spring! Thanks for all the interesting varieties, both the ones I requested and the ones I didnt

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Dec 2nd) I mailed seeds to:

* green_go
* dhemmer

I should be getting the rest of the envelopes in the mail over the next few days.

PLEASE let me know when your envelopes arrive so I can update my records.

Thanks....Heather

P.S. A friendly reminder...there are people from a few different forums and some that don't belong to any forums that are part of this swap. Envelopes being mailed from this forum are not an indication of how many envelopes are being mailed out.

o

Heather,

I received my package. As always, he have done an excellent job!!! I can't believe the variety I ended up with. I don't know how you do it! Thanks again for hosting this swap!

Thanks again,
Mike

o

Heather: Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

I tried to lower my expectations before i opened my envelope, but when I looked inside I was completely blown away. It is completely like Santa came early and I got all the tomatoes of my dreams. I cannot say enough how much fun and excitement I've had looking over and learning more about all the seeds I received.

A thousand thanks to you for the time and effort you put into spreading so much cheer to so many of us! And thank you to all of those of you who sent in such interesting (and extra) seeds!!

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Dec 4th) I mailed seeds to:

* bbjm
* botanicat
* dmforcier
* northern_hab
* peppermeister1

o

Heather, My seeds have arrived. I am using tremendous self-restraint and have set the package aside. I will open it tomorrow night as a Chanukah present for myself :o) Super excited!

Thank you!!!

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Dec 6th) I mailed seeds to:

* churnoble
* cziga

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Dec 7th) I mailed seeds to:

* detroitgirl77
* gardendrivenlife
* maple_grove
* rustacator

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Dec 8th) I mailed seeds to:

* mrdoitall
* onesteward
* reach_for_the_sun
* rgvnewf
* wildmantrav

o

Heather,
I got my envelope! Thank you for the great selection of seeds and thank you for all the efforts and work you've done in organizing the swap!

Gala

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Dec 9th) I mailed seeds to:

* john11840
* rick_in_va
* sweet_marie

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Dec 10th), I mailed seeds to:

* coolbythecoast
* jonboy999
* slo_garden

PLEASE let me know when you receive your envelopes so I can update my records. Thanks.....Heather

This post was edited by hmacdona on Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 13:47

o
Seeds mailed

Today (Dec 11th) I mailed seeds to:

* crystalline_ca
* kristel
* redthreaddiy

Note - We have reached the upper limit of this thread. I've started a new thread to continue to post updates. Here's the new link.

Here is a link that might be useful: 5th Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange Part Two

This post was edited by hmacdona on Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 21:21

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here