Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheltieche

New season 2015 just got far more attractive...

sheltieche
9 years ago

Since Carolyn post sent me chasing few heart tomato varieties I have found Lithuanian Crested Pink at J&L gardens, and Lee as always sent seeds right away. Besides LCP I ended with Blushing Beauty, which is stable cross of Rose DE Berne and Cherokee Purple, Mazarini, which is one great red tomato heart, much loved in former USSR places, Mrs. Schlaubaugh's Famous Strawberry- could not pass Sand Hill Preservation best- could I?, another find is Red Ruffles which is similar in shape to Costoluto but early cold tolerant at 65 DTM and Aviuri, which is again former USSR variety, quite pretty... I got free seed of Royal Purple- love new darks!.
From Casey I got Danko, early det heart- would be such fun to try and Romeo, which was highly praised by brokenbar for drying purposes...of course, basket got fuller by JD Special C-tex, Novikov Giant and Sandul Moldovan which I was hoping to give a try.

Comments (7)

• suncitylinda
    9 years ago

I have Joes Pink Oxheart seed which I have heard many good thing about so looking forward to trying it next season. Also, Indian Stripe which I have not grown before. May also try Sarah Black.

• seysonn
    9 years ago

I am thinking of 2015 too.
    My priority now is to save seeds from those that I like to keep.

I am also thinking about adding one or two yellow/orange determinants. KBX is one of them. I might also look into a substitute for Green Zebra, to be a bit earlier than GZ.

• carolyn137
    9 years ago

Linda, there are quite a few on that list, about 5 of them, that I've been offering in my annual seed offer elsewhere that you could have had and might still have, for an SASE.

And quite a few new hearts for 2015 if all goes well for my seed producers,

You already know that I prefer that folks buy some seeds from some commercial vendors, rather than trading or swaps, whatever, but with new ones I distribute there usually are no sites that can offer them until they do their own seed production.

I did offer Lithuanian Crested Pink in this last offer and several more from Lee and I grew it many years ago and did like it very much,

Carolyn, dedicated lover of heart varieties,

• sheltieche
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Carolyn, thank you! I would like to be on your list for future offers.

• carolyn137
    9 years ago

Lindalana, as I explained to you when you e-mailed me, I'm not the one who puts anyone on the list, you have to do it yourself when I put up my next seed offer and I told you to look at the 2014 offer to see what it's all about.

Before that I must make contact with my seed producers to see where everything is at, then go through the seeds I already have to see which ones I have enough to relist, then go through the Fall feedback thread, not yet put up for Fall 2014, to see if there were any offtypes and take those out of any offers.

Right now I'm trying to stay warm with frost predicted for tonight and my main heat not yet turned on, which I can't do myself, and hoping the baseboard heat kicks on and my two small electric heaters keep it warm enough as well.

For anyone reading this, the place I'm talking about is a community, a large one, and folks are discouraged from going there and registering just to be able to request seeds, and not just mine. I cannot refer to the place here or by PM b/c by doing so I , or anyone referring to another message site, can be banned from GW and being here for so long I don't want that to happen.

Carolyn, who thinks or hopes it will be a one cat night, the Indians referred to cold nights as 2 to 5 dog nights needed for sleeping by sleeping on top of bed covers, but she has just one old cat. LOL

• sheltieche
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yay, and Christmas came early- Sen Say will be coming my way as well as Orange Minsk Heart and Daniel Burson with Margaret Curtain...
    SuncityLinda, my friend just reported that Sarah Black was one of the most productive for her out of about 100 LOL
    Indian stripe was real gem of tomato this year for me. Now we will see what Daniel Burson is going to do.

• suncitylinda
    9 years ago

Good to know about Sarah Black, thanks!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?