Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
popdo_gw

Indigo Rose Tomato Pictures

popdo
11 years ago

Here's 2 pictures of some beautiful indigo rose tomatos.

Anyone else getting such beautiful purple?

Comments (11)

• edweather USDA 9a, HZ 9, Sunset 28
    11 years ago

Very nice indeed! How are you going to get them to maturity in Ohio? Do you have some sort of greenhouse or something?

• popdo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I started the plants very early in my house. I'm just hoping it dosent get too cold until later.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

beautiful. I have never seen anything like this

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Very nice. Even looks ornamental and exotic.
    I am growing black krim.. They are actually dark purple when ripe, not as black as Indigo Rose.

Please thell us about its flavor. I will grow some next year.

• jrslick (North Central Kansas, Zone 5B)
    10 years ago

Here are some of the Indigo Rose we had last year. The all red ones are Mountain Magic.

Just Indigo Rose

The more sun you get on them the more purple they will be.

Jay

• julia42
    10 years ago

Beautiful! My Indigo Rose is doing very well for me this year, despite getting all of its leaves fried by a wall-of-water early on in the season. It's been pretty disease-resistant, too.

All of the above photos show a light fuzz in the Indigo Rose tomatoes? Mine have no fuzz - in fact, they're so glossy they look like they've been polished. Interesting.

I don't care much for the flavor or texture of the skin, but they're pretty and prolific.

Julia

• sheltieche
    10 years ago

Were favorite of mine last year, but I do prefer dark tomatoes. Nice and prolific, no fuzz on them if I remember correctly.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

how long does it take for these tomatoes to develop and where can I get the seeds. I live in the warmest area of ohio so if popdo can grow these it is probable that I can to.

Popdo How long is your growing season.

This is where I have my garden. Click on link , and brouse. All my picture are open to the public

Here is a link that might be useful: https://plus.google.com/photos/111099372377958308731/albums/5864651368775846321?banner=pwa&authkey=CI763rvAj8eLAg

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    10 years ago

I ordered a grafted Indigo Rose . I also ordered a Sunsugar also grafted. When the package arrived from TT, the Sunsugar was dead. My money was refunded, although it took them about 6 weeks to do so. Anyway it arrived around May 15th. Which is really not that late for zone 6a. May 1st is the earliest one could put tomatoes outside here anyway. I did have some, and had to bring them in a few times until May 1st this year. Anyway it soon caught up to my other plants and is growing it's first fruits now. Impressive growth. My store bought, and plants from seed are now not as big as this grafted IR. Also it has rained here a lot and I lost some leaves to too much water on all my plants except the grafted IR. So the graft seems to be super hardy. Very impressive so far. No ripe tomatoes yet off of it, I did harvest a few off another plant. Anyway soon some will be ready. We still have 2 and a half months to 3 months of harvesting weather to go. I'm happy with progress of all my tomatoes as we have had such a late start here.

• sheltieche
    10 years ago

edweather, they not late tomatoes, I am expecting them ready in 3 weeks or so. For Chicago it is middle range.

• garystpaul
    10 years ago

Agree with Julia: pretty and novel, but quite bland, at least in my garden last year. Wouldn't grow these again.

Gary

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!