Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Poweder/Granules on Tomatoes!!!

Posted by westy1941 Boulder County, CO (cdwestg@comcast.net) on
Sun, Sep 1, 13 at 19:01

Went to pick a few at a plot I'm renting this morning and there's a white powder - almost looks like salt - on all 13 tomato plants - leaves on the top half of the plant are curling. They were fine yesterday. Acid rain? I'm going to post on the Rocky Mountain forum too - it's also on the mulch below the tomatoes but not on the other side of the garden three feet away where there are peppers, squash, lettuce, etc. Only on the tomatoes - leaves and top of fruits. Any ideas? All the plots are organic so not allowed to use anything bad.

Westy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Poweder/Granules on Tomatoes!!!

My guess would be powdery mildew

Here is a link that might be useful: Powdery mildew on toms, google images

o
RE: White Poweder/Granules on Tomatoes!!!

Powdery mildew wouldn't be on the soil.

We need pictures! If none, everything is a guess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here