Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monkeytreeboy15

tomato plant turning black

monkeytreeboy15
13 years ago

Hello, I have a tomato plant that is turning black on some of the stems and edges of the leaves. Is there something to help this or is it just too late in the season?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Sam

Comments (4)

• lesmatzek209
    13 years ago

where is zone 15 ?, i have had tomato plants turn black it was caused by a hard frost there is nothing you can do
    except pull them if they where subject to a hard frost.
    regards.

les

• monkeytreeboy15
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My name is "monkeytreeboy15". I live in Zone 8a in the pacific northwest. There hasn't been a frost up here.

-Sam

• Bets
    13 years ago

Hi monkeytreeboy15,

Can you post pictures? A close up or two of the black area and a general one of the overall plant would be very helpful so that someone could give you an idea what the issue is with your tomato plant. Let us know if you need directions on how to post a photo.

Below is a link to a diagnostic page that can help if you can't post a picture.

Betsy

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato Problem Solver (Photos for Diagnostics)

• gardningscomplicated
    13 years ago

I might have the same thing on some of mine. I tried looking it up, but couldn't find it anywhere. Is it like a black powder, starting on the edge of the leaves? I think it's some kind of mold, since I think I have some mold allergies. And I notice the effects after I've been working in that garden for a while. It doesn't seem to affect the fruit. I'm just keeping an eye on mine, and so far it hasn't been a huge problem. So I'm just being careful, and trying not to spread it around.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County