Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tomato plant turning black

Posted by monkeytreeboy15 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 13, 10 at 19:39

Hello, I have a tomato plant that is turning black on some of the stems and edges of the leaves. Is there something to help this or is it just too late in the season?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Sam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tomato plant turning black

where is zone 15 ?, i have had tomato plants turn black it was caused by a hard frost there is nothing you can do
except pull them if they where subject to a hard frost.
regards.

les

o

My name is "monkeytreeboy15". I live in Zone 8a in the pacific northwest. There hasn't been a frost up here.

-Sam

o

Hi monkeytreeboy15,

Can you post pictures? A close up or two of the black area and a general one of the overall plant would be very helpful so that someone could give you an idea what the issue is with your tomato plant. Let us know if you need directions on how to post a photo.

Below is a link to a diagnostic page that can help if you can't post a picture.

Betsy

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato Problem Solver (Photos for Diagnostics)

o

I might have the same thing on some of mine. I tried looking it up, but couldn't find it anywhere. Is it like a black powder, starting on the edge of the leaves? I think it's some kind of mold, since I think I have some mold allergies. And I notice the effects after I've been working in that garden for a while. It doesn't seem to affect the fruit. I'm just keeping an eye on mine, and so far it hasn't been a huge problem. So I'm just being careful, and trying not to spread it around.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here