Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name That Tomato !

Posted by seysonn 7b WA/HZ 1 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 7:43

I bought it from the fruits section of Kroger. It was in a section called "HEIRLOOM" tomatoes.
General outside color resembled Blak Krim. But it's shape is different and bigger. The taste, as far as I can tell, is very similar to BK. : Not sour, not sweets, creamy soft.
The flesh is NICE red color of varying shade EXCEPT the seed pockets that is are green.

In this picture you are seeing the inside

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name That Tomato !

I see nobody wants to touch this wit a six foot pole : Hmmmm

That's ok: I just send it down .
Thanks for everything . Then everything is not a thing. .hahaha

o

If you got it at Kroger, probability that it is Heirloom Black, a hybrid introduced to compete in the commercial "heirloom" market.

o

Thanks Farmerdill ... yes, It was marked"Heirloom". As you pointed out it is some kind of so-called BLACK. I figure it must be productive to grow it commercially. My Black Krim performed very poorly this past season. I hope that this one will be better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here