Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato seed swap (Round Robin)

Posted by tormato 10 (dwcmuseum@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 10:33

The tomato seed swap is now open for joining.

It can be found in the Round Robin Exchange, at
NEW: Incredible Edibles Totally Tomatoes 2013

Gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato seed swap (Round Robin)

• Posted by digdirt 6b-7a North AR (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 12:17

Direct link.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: 2013 Tomato Seed Swap

o

This was lots of fun last time.

o

It was lots of fun, and lots more, for the host. ;)

o

I am not supposed to look up tomatoes I want until winter. What will I do for entertainment in January?

o

You were in last years swap. So, you'll know you'll be looking up the dozens and dozens of varieties you receive that were previously unknown to you. It could stretch into February. ;)

o

Yeah and I didn't find much about the mudball one.

o

U2/Elbonian Mud Ball, that's my bad. :(

It originated with me. So, if you happen to have had seeds that germinated, just ask if you want info on it.

Gary

o

I got some well known tomatoes in the swap that everyone would like. I got enough to plant my 30 acres but my energy did not allow that. I am sorry I did not plant mud ball maybe next year. I was going to just because it is your tomato and I appreciated the swap, but then you described it.

o
bump

Moving this up so everyone sees it.

o

Helen,

I'm currently test germinating about 50 seeds, out of about 1,000 that I have. I did not hear back on anyone getting seeds to germinate. I'm also going to test some F3's (2010 seed).

As for the description, almost all black tomatoes taste like that, to me. If you like the taste of black tomatoes, you'd likely like U2/EMB.

Gary

o

It is easier to look up tomatoes and make orders and make wish lists than to dig holes. For every tomato I plant I have to dig out buckets of rocks and put in mushroom compost. So you have to say your tomato will be the greatest I ever tasted and will smooth out wrinkles for me to dig another hole.

o

Tormato, if you do get some germination I would love to try some ! Blacks are my favs.

o

I am not in the SEED SWAP but I am interested to know what you gals and guys are after. Just name your favorites , if you will.

o

Seysonn I am just posting here to keep this at the top. Tormato's swap is linked on the second post in this thread. He has a long list of favorites that people want. You have to read that thread to see what he is doing. Last year was the first time I have ever entered a round robin; it was fun. He is a very funny, mild, patient fellow and I am glad he is doing this for us. It is lots of work for him; I would get it all mixed up.

o

helenh, thanks.

The wish list there is as big as any tomato catalog.

I will just procure mine vis Sample Seed site, plus what already i have. I am mostly looking for EARLY and/or DETERMINANTS, DWARFS.

o

Now that you know about the swap, you might save seeds for next year if there is one. I am not sure anyone will do it next year but it is easy to save seeds just in case.

o

That's just the start of the list.

The final posting will hopefully be soon after November 15th. While I'm compiling the list in alphabetical order, I think there are ~300 varieties just in A to M.

Gary

o

Last call for joining the tomato seed swap. Deadline for me receiving packages is about Dec 1st.

Gary

o

I would like to join. I was in another seed swap last year but don't see it listed this year so I'm looking for a swap. Thank You.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here