Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rare Seed Offer

Posted by nordfyr315 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 9, 11 at 15:13

Hello all,
Just thought I would share some seeds from two southwest Asian varieties.

9893, a strangely named Iraqi cultivar. A strong, vigorous and productive plant that produces large, deeply lobed, red fruit with a lot of gel and seeds. Taste is good but not spectacular in my opinion. I tend to favor a more fleshy tomato but someone else may greatly enjoy. Early producer.

Pomadoni: from Afghanistan. The one plant I had seemed to dislike the wet weather we had (yet again) in upstate NY this summer. Not surprising given its origin. Still, it produced a modestly sized, delicious and balanced fruit. Not especially productive but then again I got this plant in the ground late and pinched a lot of buds so that I could get a few fruit before frost. Early producer like 9893.

Pomadoni

The deal: I have about 15 extra seeds from each variety so I will send 5 seeds to the first three people who respond in this thread asking for one or the other but not both seeds. I would like to extend this offer to as many people as possible so I am only offering one pack per taker. I would prefer to send to others who in turn save and freely share seeds with others but what you do with the seeds is up to you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rare Seed Offer

I wouldn't mind a few seeds of the Pomadoni. This year we had such a dry summer it might do well in Southern Colorado. Let me know what I need to do to get in touch with you and if I can share anything with you. Thanks.

o

Just email me here. Let me know what address you would like me to send the seeds to and I will get them in the mail as soon as they finish drying. Should be within the week.

o

I will pass on the deal since you are only sharing 15 of each, maybe next year they'll be more

o

Thanks for making this generous offer. I'd like to try growing Pomadoni here in SC.

Tom

o

If you still have some Pomadoni I would like to have them. Thanks, LInda

o

nordfyr315's, If you still have one or both of these tomato varieties, I would love growing it and sharing it with others next season. Thank you for your kind offer!
VGary

o

I am glad there is interest in these seeds. If you have not already done so, please send the address where you would like me to send the seeds to my email.

o

Thanks to everyone who showed interest. I got quite a few direct-to-email inquiries and fulfilled as many requests as I could. I am now out of extra seeds but I expect to do the same thing next year except with more varieities.

o

Thank you Nordfyr315. You da man. I look foward to growing the hell out of them seeds. I am going to make those seeds my itch. I am going to use them there seeds. Once I am done with those seeds, each one of them will need professional therapy.

I am going to punch those seeds in the face,with sandy loam,and good,dry manure. Maybe I am going too far?

Seriously though, thank you.

Take care,
Travis

o

Thanks - got my seeds today! Will save seeds for next year also. Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here