Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judyj_gw

Tiny Tomatoes

judyj
9 years ago

Hi there,
This is my first post on this forum. Hope I'm not asking a repeat question. Went to the search engine but couldn't find anything recently written.

We bought a couple tomato plants this spring which were supposed have tomatoes which would be quite small. And indeed they were! Tiny, about pea size, give or take. There were hundreds. They were planted in hanging baskets, and grew up, but mostly over.

My question is in regards to pruning them. Today, I collected the last of them (but there were still a couple hundred left that got a little mushy because we got lazy-and the plants are still growing, but winter will set in soon in a hurry). We really love them-they taste great! Don't recall the name of the plant and we were not smart enough to keep the label.

Question is, with these things, is there a pruning methodology anyone uses to keep them more in check? E.g. pruning branches to several versus a zilliion? Seems like they would be easier to reign in that way. They are pretty tedious to collect!

Just thought I'd ask-any insight will truly be appreciated!

Best regards,
Judy

Comments (3)