Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last of this year

Posted by lartomato 5a I think (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 21:40

This is what's left. Some green ones left. The pic has Better Boy and Lemon Boy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last of this year

Ate my last ones 2 days ago both Better Boys, the skin was a little thick but the taste was still pretty good.

o

• Posted by LKZZ 7b (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 11:23

Fantastic!

My tomatoes were gone by end of July...blight.

Will try to do better next year.

o

• Posted by drloyd 7B Western WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 3, 12 at 13:09

We picked the last of the Cuostralee on 11/1. They had been chilled several times and the quality was not quite as good as earlier.

o

I still have tomatoes on the vines...I've been covering them with sheets whenever the really cold weather threatened, and so far it's worked.

o

I picked the last bushel of field grown (covered) tomatoes Monday (11/6). Many of these were just turning red. My greenhouse tomatoes are doing well with woodstove heat supplemented but I'm going to reluctantly cut off heat by next week. My goal was 6 full months of harvest from mixed indeterminate varieties. It is hard to pull the plug on such a good harvest season. Most cherry/grape varieties are loaded with blossoms. Customers are still raving about the homegrown flavor.

o

These look great! Well done Lartomato. Hope you head a great season!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here