Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Gourmet tomato

Posted by cbars z5b6a MO-Kansas City (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 16:06

I have searched here and at other sites looking for info on this tomato. I am trying to find info and seed on this mater for a friend.

He remembers it from the mid-70's. He described it as a large (sometimes very large) pink with excellent taste and very few seeds.

Does it ring any bells for anyone? Please let me know here or via email.

Thank you and happy turkey day everyone.

Gary in Kansas City

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Gourmet tomato

Gary, sorry but it rings no bells at all.

I don't even know if you know if it's an OP or hybrid.

No listing at Tania's excellent site.

No listing in the current SSE YEarbook and no sense going back to my earlier Yearbooks.

But by Googling I did find ONE place where it was named as Pink Gourmet as opposed to all the other links that talk about just pink gourmet tomato varieties and I've linked to that site below.

You might want to contact them as ask where they got their seeds or if they have any, etc.

Best I could do.

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink Gourmet

o

• Posted by cbars z5b6a MO-Kansas City (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 24, 10 at 8:03

Dr. C - Thanks for your response. I was hoping that you would pick up the ball.

I contacted the site you linked via email. Hopefully, they will respond.

I guess I wasn't holding my mouth right when I searched because I didn't have any luck and I tried several different search engines.

Thank you for taking the time to help and I hope that this reply finds you well and getting ready to enjoy the holidays.

I will pass along any info that I gather from the linked site.

Thank you.

Gary

o

Pink Gourmet. What an excellent tomato. We grew it from the early 70's until early 90's when it just disappeared. It was very sweet and very large we could not grow enough of them for our customers. I have been searching for it since the last year we had seed. If you ever find them let me know. I will do the same. I have been told that they might be a cross that includes Pink Shipper.

Garry

o

You can get pretty close by growing Momotaro.

DarJones

o
RE: Pink Gourmet tomato more info

If anyone wants further information, Pink Gourmet was a hybrid developed by Victor Lambeth from the University of Missouri breeding program. I think it dates to 1978 though I am not sure of the exact release date.

DarJones

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here