Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can someone help me identify and cure this condition ?

Posted by TheCronicGardener none (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 0:46

I've been growing tomato plants for years and for some reason I can never seem to identify or even get rid of this disease. White lines weave their way along the leaves and there is a smaller black line running through the white ones.
This condition never seems to affect my pepper plants but it does plague my radishes from time to time.
Other than this problem, my tomato plants are perfectly healthy.
If anyone else had this problem and cured it, I would appreciate the advice :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can someone help me identify and cure this condition ?

leaf miner, a tiny moth that lays its eggs on the leaf and the worm burrows inside the leaf creating those "s" patterns. regular horticultural oil or soap is not effective since the worn is protected inside the leaf. if you are not oppose to incesticides, look up spinosad.

o
RE: Can someone help me identify and cure this condition ?

leaf miners do very little or no damage to the plants production, I would say just leave alone n hope thats the worst that happens this season.
Plant em if you got em, Sam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here