Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato problems

Posted by sycth 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 20, 13 at 8:43

I'm growing about 10 different heirloom tomatoes in buckets and I'm starting to have some problems on 1 or 2 plants. Its starting on the bottom leaves and looks like it might be spreading up. im not sure if its a disease or nutrient burn or deficiency.

Overall the plants look healthy they are putting out flowers and branching out. i just want to make sure the problem dosen't spread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato problems

After looking at some charts I'm thinking Bacterial Speck. Anyone with more experience have any thoughts. This is only my second year growing tomatoes.

o

Can you post pictures ?

o

http://imgur.com/a/Hde6r

Here is a link that might be useful: http://imgur.com/a/Hde6r

o

Judging from that picture, I would not be alarmed.

It is normal for the lower leaves to yellow and die/fall off. To be safe, I would just cut off those leaves.

I would also give the plants a light dose of fertilizers. They look a bit pale to me.'

o

yeah i noticed the pale leaves its only on that one plant and its the biggest so maybe its using more nutes than the others. i had given some bird guana a couple days before the picture, it didn't seem like it helped so i gave it some fish emulsion today.

o

Yellowing bottom leaves are normal, trim and remove from the garden area as they might be blighted. Mulch plants to avoid dirt splash as it can damage leaves. I grow 'better boy' in cages with three stems (two are the lowest suckers) and remove 1/3 to 1/2 of all leaves to provide better air circulation. Very productive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here