Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help me identify.

Posted by Zeckston none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 0:22

Hi everyone, thank you for taking a minute to read this and offering any insight.

I've recently discovered, what I suspect is a fungal issue with my seedlings. If you look at the picture, you'll notice lots of very tiny black dots on each leaf. These were organic seeds purchased from a reputable distributor, so I doubt it is from the seed.
The temperature is a constant 75F with a pad underneath and they are under four 4' ft 40Watt white fluorescent bulbs for 19 hours a day at a distance of 3 inches. I think I was slightly over watering them at first because they had leave roll, but that has gotten better. There about 3 weeks old. My guess is that it is a fungal issue, but before I look for a solution, I want certainty of the issue. Please, can anyone identify what this issue is. Is it a fungal issue, light, watering???

Please and thank you. Any advice is much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help me identify.

Sorry here is the picture

o
RE: please help me identify.

That's very strange... Do you at all use an insecticidal soap or any pesticides? If you do that might be causing the problem. If you don't, you might need to try an organic insecticidal soap. If all else fails, try gently washing them with a little bit water, it usually helps. Wishing you the best of luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tomato Pests & Diseases Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here